Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to tabletop miniature gaming and WFB. There are no gamesworkshop stores around where I'm at so I'm mosting playing against a couple of my friends, one runs DE and the other runs VC. We are still learning our armys and how the game works so I've only played a handful of games. My friend has totally destroyed me with his DE bolt throwers and assassin so I'm looking for some way to compete against that. So, here is my new list:

Here goes:

Heroes:
Skink Chief (LA, Shield, Javelins, Extra Hand Weapon, Terradon - Join Unit) - 101

Scar-Vet (Enchanted Shield, LA, Blade of Chotec, Cold One - Join Unit or solo?) - 145

Core:
15 x Saurus Warriors (Spears, Full Command) - 210

10 x Skink Skirmishers - 70

Special:
5 x Cold One Cavalry - 175

3 x Terradon Riders - 90

5 x Chamelon Skinks - 60

Rare:
Salamander (Extra Handler) - 80

Total 1001

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The tactics I'm going to try is to screen with the skink skirmishers while shooting at his units that I think might have an Assassin. Use the Terradons to drop rocks and take out his warmachines and then harrassment. Try to hammer and anvil his infantry with the saurus warriors and cold one cavs. Use the Chameleons to try and take out the warmachine crews or shoot at infantry/solo heroes. Use the cold one scar vet to take out solo characters or get rear and flank charges.

Again, I'm really green, having only played a few games, so maybe all this is obvious to everybody. If so, sorry about that.

·
4,361 Posts
Heroes:
Skink Chief (LA, Shield, Javelins, Extra Hand Weapon, Terradon - Join Unit) - 101
Can't have both javelins and extra hand weapon. I would get him some magic. Glyph necklace would be useful. Staff of the lost sun is cool too.

Scar-Vet (Enchanted Shield, LA, Blade of Chotec, Cold One - Join Unit or solo?) - 145
Good, run him in a unit.

Core:
15 x Saurus Warriors (Spears, Full Command) - 210
Should get this unit of to 18 at least. Command models aren't required.

Special:
5 x Cold One Cavalry - 175
Put your vet here, and get a champ for protection.

3 x Terradon Riders - 90

5 x Chamelon Skinks - 60

Rare:
Welcome to the jungle,
SirKently

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Updated

Thanks for the response. Seems like it is easy to overlook "Choose One" when it messes with your plans. :doh:

I like the idea of protecting the Skink Chief more so I gave him the glyph necklace. I removed the unit of Chameleons to make room for the Cold One Champ and the Necklace. But maybe I should have just taken out some regular skink skirmishers instead. Anyway, I like it for a no magic list at this point level.
Here is the updated list:

Heroes
:
Skink Chief (LA, Shield, Javelins, Glyph Necklace, Terradon - Join Unit) - 127

Scar-Vet (Enchanted Shield, LA, Blade of Chotec, Cold One - Join Unit) - 145

Core:
18 x Saurus Warriors (Spears) - 216

11 x Skink Skirmishers - 77

Special:
5 x Cold One Cavalry (Champion) - 195

3 x Terradon Riders - 90

Rare:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.