Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new to the forums.

just to start with i would jsut like to say i absoloutly suck at using ogres and any help woud be great.

secondly all my frends use oger obliterrating lists, the highelf and dark elf player do basically the same thing, destroying my with boltthrowers and crosbows and anything thats left get raped by cavalry or somthing, the lizzardmen player waits till i get to close untill going anything then i get swamped by his models. worst of all is the green skins player, he uses 4 spear chukas and somthing like 5 finatics ive got no cahnce againse that.

ive come to realize that big upgrades on ogre heores are way to expesive for 1000 point games.

any way i have a slightly diffrent list for the elfs and green skins.

against elves:

bruser, great wepon

butcher

3x bulls, standard, bellower, additional hand weps

3x bulls, standard, bellower, additional hand weps

3x ironguts, bellower

2x leadbelchers

2x leadbelchers

1x gorger

995 points

the iron guts is a flanking unit and the gorger is to take out the guns

for the gobbys i have added gnoblards instead of the iron gunts to try do the gnoblars take the most of the finatics.

not thoguht of somthing for izzad men but i wont be fighting for a while.

any ways what do you think.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ok....Your bulls... You have too many and you gave them too much crap. In 1000 pts the leadbelchers are not a good choice.

Heres a list to try and I'll give you some advice on how to play it.

Bruiser: Great Weapon,Brace of Handguns, Heavy armor
Butcher: Skull Mantle
Bulls x 3 Bellower
Ironguts x 3 bellower
ironguts x 3 bellower
Yhetees x 3
Gorger

Use the butcher alot. Start with buffs for your ironguts. when your opponent has exhausted his dispel dice use braingobbler on the lower ld units.

Bulls are bait... plain and simple. Dont worry about them. If they kill something, well good... but they are there to die.

The ironguts are your main hitters... protect them.

The yhetee are the way to take out the archers and the gunners. they are also amazing at drawing out fanatics. Remember Warhammer is only 25% build. You also have to learn to use terrain to your advantage. Put 2 forests about 12 inches on either side of the center of the table so the night gobbos will have to walk between them to get to you. Walk the yhetee into the forests and the fanatics will trigger when they get near them. Fanatics die in terrain so they will not go towards the yhetee. Then pick them off with the bruisers handguns.

If you get the gorger in and he does not get shot to death before he moves... then just charge him into whats closest and kill stuff :)

Anywho. Read the Ogre Tactica by Demandred for much more on how to play ogres.

Have fun.

O.T.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks that was helpfull, sadly i dont own any yhetees and wont for a while as i am building a necron army atm. im thinking i could take out a unit of bulls and a leadbelcher (making a unit of 3 leadbelchers ) in favour of another unit of iron guts. the leadbelchers can be devistateing if used properly (took out the lizzard mens scar vet with a single one)

·
39 Posts
Given your opponents I would probably drop both leadbelcher units and maybe take a scrap launcher. Fat template on T3 units is very nice...and all the armies have few if any T7 Attacks.

Plus you have Impact hits on the high elves which are gold.

so me, I might go with something like this

Bruiser - GW, HA, Wyrdstone
Butcher - Bangstick

3 bulls
2x3 Irongut
8 trappers
Scraplauncher
Gorger

Total 998

Trappers can really help screen you from theose bolt throwers as well as marchblock...and since everything you are facing is t3 they could actually kill something.

the butch now ecentially has 5 dice with the bang stick so you should have more PD than they have DD.

Against the HE and DE Bone cruncher and Bangstick are gold...Use the junk out of those on their hard hitting units.

Brain gobbler will work wonders on the greenskins. Sill works against Elves but their leadership is high enough that they will usually accept the test.

I would save those spells for the end of a magic round and throw a couple buffs first that are nice if they land but not essential. Getting the +strength on the Bulls is nice as well...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when ever i use a scrapluncher its really inaccurate, the geuss range is ok, but when it goes d6 inches of course it can miss by alot,
also the turain, we use 2 forests and 2 hills, basically if i take the two forests for the funel thing they have a huge advantage seeing over screening units using the hills. any who trappers are scrimishers they wouldent be good sheilds, im probably wrong but im not sure, definaitly going to try and take more IGs then bulls

1 - 5 of 5 Posts