Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I'm a first time WHFB player so please be kind. :p After perusing many an Army Book I settled on the Lizardmen. Just got to love that backstory and the colourful paint schemes. I'm jumping right in at the deep end and I'm competing in a 1000 point tournament in around two months time. I've drawn up two army lists and well, any advice would be appreciated because I suck. Anyway, on to the travesty:

Heroes

Skink Priest
Level 2 Wizard, Diadem of Power - 135 points

Skink Priest
Dispell Scroll x 2 - 115 points

Core
Saurus Warriors x 15 - 180 points

Saurus Warriors x 15 - 180 points

Skink Skirmishers x 10
Javelins and Shields - 60 points

Skink Skirmishers x 10
Javelins and Shields - 60 points

Skink Skirmishers x 10
Scouts, Blowpipes - 70 points

Rare

Salamander Hunting Packs x 3 - 195 points

Total - 995 points

And the second list:

Heroes

Saurus Scar-Veteran
Great Weapon, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Glyph Necklace, Blessed Spawning of Sotek, Blessed Spawning of Quetzel - 178 points

Skink Priest

Core

19 Saurus
Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion - 258 points

Skink Skirmishers x 10
Javelin and Shield - 60 points

Skink Skirmishers x 10

Special

Kroxigors x 3 - 176 points

Terradons x 4 - 140 points

Total - 997 points

I'm tempted to drop a Terradon and the Glyph Necklace in order to take a Salamander Hunting Pack which, as far as I can tell, would be an excellent unit in order to protect my flanks.

Anyway, please tear these noob lists to pieces. Trust me, you'll be doing me a world of good! :D

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
If you're not having any saurus characters as the general (like the first list) I would say that a skink chief with the stegadon helm is a must, otherwise you're skinks are gonna be running away a lot :)

But yeah I think they are pretty good lists8Y

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
Firstly, the second list is better. It has a JSOD (a leadership 8 bubble is a great thing to have, no to mention his killyness) and doesn't try to go all out in magic (bar Slann our magic is pretty poor, and magic heavy rarely works at such low points).

Changes that I suggest for army list 2:

Saurus Scar-Veteran
Great Weapon, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Glyph Necklace, Blessed Spawning of Sotek, Blessed Spawning of Quetzel - 178 points
Drop the Glyph Necklace, it is far from cost effective. BSo Sotek and Quetzle are both not needed (they are both very expensive for what they bring). Add a shield and light armour.

Skink Priest
You could (and should, in my opinion) drop this guy for a BSB in which case you should give one of both your saurus characters BSo Tepok.

The BSB (if you choose to get him) could be equiped with the Sword of the Hornet or the Sword of Might and light armour (and mabye BSo Tepok).

19 Saurus
Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion - 258 points
I don't like saurus in units of 20. Saurus, due to thier high cost but solid stat line, should be looking to obtain combat resolution through kills and not static resolution (ranks, outnumbering etc.) as it is more cost efficient that way. I preffer them in units of 11 (keep in mind that I am an extremist on this issue, most Lizardmen players field blocks of 15-25).

I also think the Musician and Champion are not worth the points. The Musician is not needed as saurus rarely draw combats (and if they do they will easily pass the break test, as would the enemy if the saurus had a musician and the enemy didn't) and easily rally. The Champion is not cost effective because he cost the same as 2 saurus, gets 3/4 the attacks the 2 saurus would, has half the wounds and can be singled out to eliminate his extra attack.

Skink Skirmishers x 10
Javelin and Shield - 60 points

Skink Skirmishers x 10
Solid.

Kroxigors x 3 - 176 points
Mabye try for a unit of 4?

Terradons x 4 - 140 points
Drop for Salamanders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.