Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!!
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering about a 1000 pt list with a handfull of Daemons. I've had great luck dropping lesser daemons out of rhinos, and have been wanting to try out a greater for awhile.

1000 is an odd place for so many reserves, also it has no long range firepower, but what the heck - it's Chaos with a bunch of Daemons.

Here's what i'm thinking...

HQ:

Lord, wings, personal icon -115

Can move around hide behind cover, get a handfull of Lesser demons to tie up some unit, and then go pick on something he can kill by himself. Cheap(ish) and simple.

Troops:

8 Chaos Space Marines -205
with;
Icon of Chaos Glory
Meltagun
Champion with no upgrades
Rhino

8 Chaos Space Marines -205
with;
Icon of Chaos Glory
Meltagun
Champion with no upgrades
Rhino

Have the icon for summoning, the cheap Champions (for summoning... he he he!) and the melta to be somewhat useful against tanks.

Fast Attack:

7 Raptors - 170
with;
2 Meltaguns
Champion with pair lightning claws
Icon of Chaos Glory

I know it's a bit odd, but these are my squad of Raptors WYSIWYG. There could be a cheaper build, but for now, I don't care. The Lord could run with these guys before going off on his own to kill, maim, and burn.

Daemons:

Greater Daemon - 100

15 Lesser Daemons - 195

The point of the list is to get the (3) squads of lessers out where they can screw up the plans of the enemy(I.E., delay) and then pop the Greater wherever he can do the most psychological (and real) damage.

Points - 990
Models - 39
Armor - 2

What do you think??

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like the list!

I might change one of the Icons of CG to a personal icon and with the points toss a Power weapon on the Lord so he can kill things better, but that's about it!

***Ignore this inane comment! I forgot you can't do personal icons on CSM squads! Duh! ****

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.