Flamer -

Fast attack
3 storm claw bikes -
melta gun -
1 attack bike -
multi melta -
pack leader on bike -

total points 1000

It's a very simple list that i hope to build on, one option i have is to take out the bikes and get long fangs or a leman russ tank.

please comment

·
Registered
124 Posts
i assume the gray slayers are in two groups of five, 'cause you need two troops choices for basic senarios
i'd also drop one hq for this small a list, get more bodies
you can stick with the mobility over the tanks, it helps with objectives

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oops about the points

i can't drop the HQ cause the space wolf rules (i think they apply to 13th company also) say i need an HQ for every X points so i need two for 1000 point army

·
Registered
841 Posts
you cant get leman russ tanks with 13th company or a attack bike
and just how did u get plasma gun for the storm claws? i assume u mean plasma pistol?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Too small even for a 13th company army.
I am also sure that leman russ is not an option for 13th company.
When choosing from an extra but similar list it replaces the old list. You cant take the best of both
I would only use bikes in 1500pts+
Get more Grey slayers or stormclaws

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i did mean plasma pistol

you're probably right about the attack bike and leman russ, i just assumed that they were availible to 13th cause i didn't see the eye of terror codex say they weren't

how about i get rid of the bikes, get 4 more grey slayers and a couple of long fangs?

i could either get a pair of las cannons or plasma cannons or get 2 missle launchers and a heavy bolter

·
Registered
124 Posts
how about i get rid of the bikes, get 4 more grey slayers and a couple of long fangs?

i could either get a pair of las cannons or plasma cannons or get 2 missle launchers and a heavy bolter
not sure about 13th comp, but can you have a squad that has only two or three guys?
if so, i would go for the missle launcher/heavey bolter combo, because then you could deal with all those light troops and still punch through most lighter armored vehicles. the lascannons aren't that needed at 1000 pts, and plasma makes it so you can't penetrate a 13 armour vehicle, like a pred or devil fish. the heavey bolter makes sense, as you will playing tau a lot

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah long fangs can be in smaller squads

but do you think i'd have enough heavy weapons? maybe i need a little more incase i run into something bigger or use the split firing more effectively

·
Registered
10 Posts
As people have said, you need more Grey Slayers. They are the only basic troop type you are allowed (storm claws are elites), and you need two squads of basic troops. Minimum squad size is 6, so you need at least 12 Grey Slayers. If you have two squads, maybe go for one squad with two flamers, and one with two meltaguns.

I can see from your plans that you wanted to make this army by buying one pack of Grey Slayers and one pack of Storm Claws, and understand why you would not want to buy a second pack of Grey Slayers. But why not convert a couple of Claws to Slayers. The use the true grit rule, and can fire a bolter single handed - so just take the bolt pistols of a couple of Claws, replace with bolters, and Bobs your uncle, two Slayers.

Or you could get two single characters (say sergeants) and make them into Wolf Guard pack leaders - you could even put one of them in terminator armour. The terme armour will loose you the free move at the start of the game, but if you hold them back with the Rune Priest and use the Gate, it does not matter where you start from. I have just ordered a Rune Priest in termi armour to use with a squad led by a termi pack leader.

I am sure that you are not allowed attack bikes, and certain that you cannot take any tanks, or other vehicles.

As for two HQ choices, I don't know how to interpret the Space Wolves Codex (you are right that the 13th company army lists have to be based on this). It is one HQ per 750 points, rounding the fractions up. So an army of 1250 points, would need two choices, but is this true for a 1000 point army? A 760 point army? Rounding up - does this mean you round up any fraction or only fractions greater than a half? Still it made it clear that my plan for my 2000 point army with two HQ choices - still not fully painted - was wrong.

·
Registered
717 Posts
get 2 full blown squads of Grey slayers and a full squad of long fangs. Let them come to you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i don't mind buying another box of grey slayers i just goofed and thought i could have 2 squads of 5. my new plan is to take out the bikes and get two squads of 7 grey slayers and a couple of long fangs but i'm still not sure if that 's heavy support or troops.

should i get rid of some blood claws?

also, yes for 1000 you need two HQ and i'm not sure that anyone would care that much but if you play 760 space wolf i think you need two HQ as well.

i don;t like the idea of getting just grey slayers and long fangs, the rules for 13th company (and space wolf in general) are usually better for meeting the enemy.

any more suggestions?

one more note, i'll mostly be fighting agaist tau, eldar, and chaos

·
Registered
124 Posts
For the eldar, the true grit bolter fire will tear trough those gaurdian and not cripple yo in close combat against those aspect warriors, and a few heavy bolters vs tau are murder. Eldar and chaos can either be played shooty or assualty, as soon as you know which your playing, it would help us help you.
However, i still think that cc troops are the way to go, with that heavy bolter x2 and missle launcher squad, unless you know there are a lot of well amour vehicles in you future

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what about something crazy like this:

if i get a wolf lord instead of a wolf priest and give him the mark of wolfen, i can get replace my troop choice with wolfen instead, which are absolutly amazing and i'll be able to have like 30 of them.

then i can get a full pack of longfangs with two heavy bolters and two lascannons and keep them with my rune priest for deep striking.

and with the remainder of points(i haven't worked this out yet so i'm not sure how many) i'll get storm claws with whatever i can give them and have they as a body gaurd to the wolf lord

how about that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Once you get the long fangs, a wulfen lord, and a rune priest you will not get much change from 20 wulfen (maybe missile launchers rather than heavy bolters). The other thing is (and it is stopping me from going down this path) that your wulfen lord led unit hit and are hit on 3+. It strikes me that this is a bit of a double edged sword, especially if the enemy strikes first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dont hate me if im wrong but im pretty sure you cant deep strike with 13th company wulfen either i havent read the eye of terror rules yet cause i havent been able to get my hands on them i was thinking about starting them and thats why i am here to find some rules but if space wolves cant deep strike special rule (will not teloport) dont you think the 13th cant either? and yea i know im a blood angels player hate me if youd like i try to play them as uncheesy as possible but i go with a 6 man dev squad with 4 missle launchers that way you have the solid shots to rip open tanks and also small blasts to deel with hords and troops and i know its hard to get your hands on 4 missle launchers sometimes but if you can id go for it . another thing if anyone would like to tell me the rules of the wulfen that would be awesome thanks.

oh and another thing long fangs are awesome and there special rule to choose two squads to shoot at would even benafit missle launchers more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
get a wolf lord as somewone said give him mark of the wulfen so wulfen become troops take a long fangs squad with meltaguns deploy with runepriest use the gate get behind its tanks fire half your range (if you can) nso you get 2 d6 with armour penetration give your wolf lord a bodygaurd and beef the pack leader up

here is an army list and it works for me kik ass al the time

wolf lord ,frostblade, boltpistol ,mark of the wulfen, belt of russ 4+ inv sv
151 pts

runepriest frostblade bolt pistol
101pts

10 wulfen
240pts

10 wulfen
240 pts

5 long fangs
4 melta guns
169pts