Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Currently I am still playing around with a 1000 pt. list army. Not yet ready to make the time and monetary investment into a larger army. However, having played a bit and looked at some additional strategies I have decided to see what people think of this list revision. The only significant change is removing a banner of eternal flame from my chaos warriors and the addition of a disc to my sorcerer. I feel like the increased mobility and attack capability of the sorcerer may be more useful than the banner.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome in improving my list. Thank you to everyone in the past who have helped me to turn this into a strong list!
:cute:

Chaos Sorcerer
-Level 2 Wizard
-Third Eye of Tzeentch
-Spell familiar
-Charmed Shield
-Talisman of Protection
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Disc of Tzeentch
( 220 )

Chaos Marauders X40
-Mark of Khorne
-Great Weapons
-Standard bearer
-Musician
( 242 )

Chaos Warhounds X5
( XX )

Chaos Warriors X15
-Mark of Khorne
-Shields
-Halberds
-Standard bearer
-Musician
( 313 )

Chaos Knights X5
( XXX )

Total
( 995 )

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
It's a nice looking list. The only problem with Disc Riders is that they need to have some serious protection. They're a magnet for cannon balls, bolt throwers and other nasty 'one-shot' killers. You only have a 1+/5+ and that's not all that great. I would see about swapping the Talisman of Protection for the Golden eye of Tzeentch. It will give you a 3+ Ward from all 'shooty' based spells and attacks which will do you as you really don't want to get into combat anyway!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That is a good point. At this level I feel it may be more useful then to simply use a barded steed for 16 pts. The list then would look as this.

Chaos Sorcerer
-Level 2 Wizard
-Third Eye of Tzeentch
-Spell familiar
-Charmed Shield
-Talisman of Protection
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Chaos Barded Steed
( 216 )

Chaos Marauders X40
-Mark of Khorne
-Great Weapons
-Standard bearer
-Musician
( 242 )

Chaos Warhounds X5
( XX )

Chaos Warriors X15
-Mark of Khorne
-Shields
-Halberds
-Standard bearer
-Musician
-Banner of Eternal Flame
( 313 )

Chaos Knights X5
( XXX )

Total
( 1001 )

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Looks good :) Ok, what I going to say is going to sound like 'don't take the mounted sorcerer'. I'm not saying that, its just a warning to the dangers that's all :)

Firstly, in the unit of knights he gets a Look out Sir roll. Now if one of those Knights dies he no longer does and can still be picked out. Now, not everyone has cannons and bolt throwers. I can't remember the last time I saw one myself, especially at 1k, as the things they are there to kill aren't around but it's something to be thoughtful of. Even of magic missiles picking him out.

Secondly, challenges. You're going to have to challenge when you get into combat and your sorcerer isn't great at fighting. He's not bad (he has the stats of a chaos Knight after all) but an Orc Warboss or Vampire will slap him around pretty easily. So I'd avoid character led units if you can.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also understand the risk of being a bigger target with a mount. Certainly things to consider, so thank you for your input. Although at a 1000 pt level I feel the risk is offset by the fact that at such a low point level a lot of the scarier elements are not seen. Not to say there are not tough as nails lists, just that few carry a model or unit that is a dread on the field. (Atleast from my experience).

·
Undying Baddie
530 Posts
Dropping to a barded steed also means you dropped MoT so you have a measly 6+ ward. I'd strongly suggest getting a better ward for the sorcerer.

Unrelated note, I can't believe Borak (tsk tsk sir) didn't point out that you can't post the points for warhounds or naked knights. All someone has to do is divide the point total by number of models in the unit to figure out the point cost per model which is very bad juju as far as GW is concerned. Edit those posts and put x's instead of the total points ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gah...well at that point might as well keep the mark and leave him on foot. Guess I'll figure another way to use my inch of points. Thank you Immortal Scrub for the note, I'll be sure to make the revisions.

·
Undying Baddie
530 Posts
Honestly dude as long as you're careful with how you use the sorcerer you can keep him on a disc. Make sure to place some terrain about halfway out that you can hide behind and you're golden. During deployment put it behind something in case you don't get first move, turn 1 jump up to the terrain, turn 2 zip up past anyone's front arc of charge and laugh as you spam stuff like flickering fire. Disc riders are so mobile that if you use it right and are careful, you'll never end up getting charged by anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts