Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys. JJDW here, long time reader first time poster,

I was wondering whether people could offer professional advice on my first WFB and WE army list. Keeping it low at 1000pts. If I've made a points cock-up please point it out to me.

Noble Wardancer 105
Blades of Loec

5 x glade riders + horsemaster 153 (6 models total)
4 x glade riders + horsemaster 129 (5 models total)

4 x war hawkes + wind rider 220 (5 models total)
Great Eagle 50
5 x wardancer + musician + bladesinger 147 (7 models)

Total: 968 pts

Any suggestions for plugging up that 32 pt hole?

Or should I just start over?

JJDW

·
Registered
34 Posts
Noble Wardancer 105
Blades of Loec

for core I believe you have too many unites of Glade riders. they are great for march blocking ( but you have a great eagle for that). I would go with this

5 x glade riders w/ musician 129pts (5 models total) Musician is an upgrade
8 x Dryads 96pts
8 x Dryads 96pts
15 x Glade guard 180 pts

for special:
I am not a big fan of WarHawk riders but if you want them in then remove the champ you don't need him

war dancers are great

Great Eagle 50
the GE is a good rare choice

the general problem in the list that there is no magic defense I usually like to run an Standard Alter and wraith branch lev 1 with CoR for 1000 pts list

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey guys. JJDW here, long time reader first time poster,

I was wondering whether people could offer professional advice on my first WFB and WE army list. Keeping it low at 1000pts. If I've made a points cock-up please point it out to me.

Noble Wardancer 105
Blades of Loec
Alot of people actually wont put the Kindred on him. Leave him as a normal noble will give you many more options for items AND you can still place him in unit of War Dancers.

That is quite a bit of the glade riders. If you want cavalry then we should look at
grabbing some wild riders! They are not that much more expensive and they do some damage. Also drop the horsemasters the +1bs skill is crap and not worth the points.

Also dont forget our other core units! I always try to bring at least two units of Glade Guard with me. They are devastating! As are our dryads, for 11pnts a model they are quite a steal.

Drop the champion again, Not worth it really. I do like Warhawks thou, they are not used as much as some other units but they can be quite fun.

Great Eagle 50
woot!

7/8 models is good for a wardancer unit.

Any suggestions for plugging up that 32 pt hole?

Or should I just start over?

JJDW
See how that works out for you. By dropping the champions youll be able to add an entire unit of dryads!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys.

The reason I'm lacking dryads is because I'm hoping to build an all elf army. Masochistic I know...

So, taking your other advice in mind, I've come up with the following list.

(Question, if my Noble is within the wardancers can he still fire the HoDA?)

Noble 75

HoDA 50
Annoyance of Netlings
Helm o' da hunt.

20 X Glade guard

8 X Glade Riders

7 X Wardancers w/ musician + Blade singer

5 x war hawkes

1 great eagle.

Total 999

Comments?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.

The reason I'm lacking dryads is because I'm hoping to build an all elf army. Masochistic I know...

So, taking your other advice in mind, I've come up with the following list.

(Question, if my Noble is within the wardancers can he still fire the HoDA?)
Yes as long as he still has his bow

Noble 75

HoDA 50
Annoyance of Netlings
Helm o' da hunt.
a bit over board on the magic items? thats 75 points you can only use a max of 50 for a noble.
20 X Glade guard
breaking this unit up into two units of 10 is much better for your shooting phase. It allows you to have a wider arc to fire and your not putting all your archers in one spot

8 X Glade Riders
Glade riders work best in units of 5. As you will be using them mostly for feints and pulling the enemy out of position as well as general harassment.

7 X Wardancers w/ musician + Blade singer

5 x war hawkes
5 War hawks is quite a bit. I usually like units of 3 or 4.

1 great eagle.

Total 999

Comments?
You dont have to have your Noble in that unit of Wardancers. Maybe try placing him on a another eagle! That way he could let loose his HoDA and cruise around with the other great eagle. Giving you essential a large flying threat on each side of the table! And wild riders are elves(at least their models are) OR do we not want ANY forest spirits. Also we need some spell defence

Lets take a look at what your list would look like if we did some of my suggestions
(Now please keep in mind i am not trying to coerce you into my way of thinking at all i a merely presenting some feedback so you an maybe see your list from a different angle)

Noble
+Great eagle
+LA, S, Spear, HoDA, HoTH

Spellsinger
dispel scroll x2

Glade Guard 10
Glade Guard 10
Glade Riders 5 + music

Warhawk Riders 3
War Dancers 7 + music

Great Eagle

total: 998
DD: 3 + 2 scrolls
PD: 3

just another idea

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Noble
+Great eagle
+LA, S, Spear, HoDA, HoTH

Spellsinger
dispel scroll x2

Glade Guard 10
Glade Guard 10
Glade Riders 5 + music

Warhawk Riders 3
War Dancers 7 + music

Great Eagle

total: 998
DD: 3 + 2 scrolls
PD: 3

just another idea

Please, coerce away. As I said I've never even played a WFB game before so the elf only list I'm forcing upon myself may be considered less than intelligent.

Still that list looks great, though I still have to say that all the acronyms are unknown to me, except for the helm of the hunt and the hail of doom arrow.

Edit: Also, what's the point of a spear if he's mounted on an eagle anyway?

·
Registered
241 Posts
aa sorry!

If he charges while on the eagle he will get +1 strength if he is wielding a spear! So he will get all of his attacks(at +1 str) + the eagle attacks!

s = shield
l.a. = light armor
PD = Power Dice
DD = Dispel Dice

sorry about that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.