Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to space marines, and not entirely sure how this list will work out... but I wanted something semi competive, but still fun to play against/play as, which is why I went for a bit more of a mixed feel. Here we go:

Pedro Kantor 175

Sternguard x7
2x Combi Melta
Heavy Flamer
Power Fist
Drop pod

Sternguard x5
2x Combi Melta
Drop pod

Dreadnought
Heavy Flamer
Drop pod

Scouts x5
Bolters
Heavy Bolter

Scoutsx5
Sniper Rifles
Missile Launchers

Whirlwind 85

1000 POINTS

Alright there you have it, take it apart, have fun haha. I don't own any of this exept for the scouts (and a librarian). The only thing i really have to mention is that I'm also thinking of having a dakka predator instead of the whirlwind, and yes I don't really see a huge purpose with the bolter scout squad, any other ideas would be good. Thanks :act-up:

Nittsua

·
Acting XO of Tanith 1st
1,349 Posts
sniper rifles and heavy bolter go pretty good together. If not then I'd just say a BP/CCW squad to baby sit the sniper squad-not terribly efficient but better than a bolter scout squad imo

Looks fun, personally prefer dakka preds but the whirlwinds anti-cover rounds are pretty nice. The only problem I can see is you may want a real melta or 2 in your sternguard, just in case you miss in your opening salvo and your dreadnought gets canned. So despite how much I love the heavy flamer I'd switch it for a melta, and then perhaps the heavy bolter in the scout squad for another melta in the other squad, but thats up to you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, thanks for the advice, i like the idea of possibly getting rid of the heavy bolter for a melta. I really like the idea of the whirlwind, and the fact that i can hide it, so I think i'll stick with it. Any other advice anyone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts