Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this was going to be a fun list, not too sure how effective it is going to be.

HQ
Shas'0
Plasma, Twin-Missile, HW Multi

Farsight
Farsights stuff
2 Body
Flamer, Twin-Burst, HW Multi

Elite
'ui

'ui
Plasma, Missile, Multi

Troops
2x Firewarrior x10

Heavy
Railhead
Burstcannon, Decoy, Tracker, Targeting

Broadside
Twin-Rail, SMS, Multi

All in all 1000pts on the dot.

Since the speed freaks are going to be running straight towards me, i don't think i need to be that mobile. i'll just shoot them when they get close while using farsight to try and get behind them to mess up their vehicles.

should be an interesting match.

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Predanuke said:
so this was going to be a fun list, not too sure how effective it is going to be.

HQ
Shas'0
Plasma, Twin-Missile, HW Multi

Farsight
Farsights stuff
2 Body

Elite
'ui

'ui
Plasma, Missile, Multi

Troops
2x Firewarrior x10

Heavy
Railhead
Burstcannon, Decoy, Tracker, Targeting

Broadside
Twin-Rail, SMS, Multi

All in all 1000pts on the dot.

Since the speed freaks are going to be running straight towards me, i don't think i need to be that mobile. i'll just shoot them when they get close while using farsight to try and get behind them to mess up their vehicles.

should be an interesting match.
Lose the Shas'Ui with Flamer and BC's and the totaly useless Broadside (your fighting speed freaks he will be dead 2nd turn) and take another HH, give the 2 HH Railguns and BC and multi the extra subs will be a lot more usefull than a flamer and a broadside.
I would also lose the Shas'O and the two bodys (I take it they are XV8's) and take some Stealths they cream Orks.
So Farsight
Ui with Plasma and MP multi
6 Stealths
2X10 FW
2 HH with Rails, BC and Multi, decoy
Not sure what the points cost is but it should be less than 1000pts if it is (I think its around the 950mark) use the points left to up the FW squads to max and give them each a Shas.
The Stealths will give you a tough unit with a lot of firepower against the Freaks vehicles, the HH should move constantly and lay down the Sub rounds (ouch) and the FW should all have Rifles and be set up as far away as possible, I know the XV8 count has gone down but believe me they do not perform well against speed freaks you need massed shots and Subs with mobility.
Hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can only have 1 HH with farsight. I wanted to sit something at the edge of the board and shoot things and figured that the broadside would be good.

esp if i can get him in some cover type stuff.

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Predanuke said:
you can only have 1 HH with farsight. I wanted to sit something at the edge of the board and shoot things and figured that the broadside would be good.

esp if i can get him in some cover type stuff.
Ahh good point totaly forgot about the restrictions (never used him) in that case your pretty much limited, the XV8,s really dont perform well but you could take another MP (possibly twin linked) with plasma, you cant take another unit of stealths (damn) you could take another unit of 10 FW the 10 STR5 shots will be usefull.
I honestly dont think the Broadside will be worthwhile, I think the extra XV8 with twin linked MP/Plasma and 10 FW will be the best choice.
Sorry about the error dude, really helped there I dont think.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Don't bank on the speed freak player funning straight torward you. Any player with an army like speed freaks will have a pretty low win ratio using that tactic...

Instead try to get good angles to shoot where he might come up the flanks, and spread your units so that if he gets into combat with a bait unit, and slaughters them, he will be left out in the open to be pounded by tau weaponry. Good Luck...

Go ORKS! lol...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts