Melta Bombs

Chaos Defiler (170 pts)
Twin-linked lascannon

2 Spawn Of Chaos'

Total Points 994

·
Registered
269 Posts
ooo nice list meesh. i think Kharn is 1500pts or more but i like the starter list :)
i cant wait to see the other stuff you will add to it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Kharn -- I love this guy's fluff. ANGRY MARINES! I'm looking through my codex and for the life of me I can't find where it lists the requirements for each special character. I seem to recall Abaddon requiring 2k+, but I'm pretty sure you can field Kharn. Are the requirements rules outdated with the 4ed codex or something?

Plasma -- With so few models on the table, and with Kharn occasionally turning and popping some, do you really want some of your Zerkers possibly burning themselves out?

Spawn of Chaos -- Is this really what you want? Your only ranged tank-buster is the Defiler, which may get popped by opposing anti-tank units. And speaking of that...

Defiler -- CC madness, which fits World Eaters/Khorne really well. However, you've split his purpose by giving him the TL las. As weak as Defiler front armor is, I'd feel safer with tanks. You could drop the Defiler and Spawns and pick up two Predators instead to compensate for your Zerkers' weaknesses.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
HQ-

Kharn The Betrayer
Strong choice; probably the best Khorne HQ you can get.

Troops-

10 Khorne Berzerkers (300 pts)
Chaos Rhino Transport with dozer blade
One Upgrade to Skull Champion
Upgrade to Power weapon
Upgrade to Plasma Pistol
Melta Bombs

9 Khorne Berzerkers (279 pts)
Upgrade to Power weapon
Upgrade to Plasma Pistol
Melta Bombs
Power weapons could possibly be swapped out for Power Fists - they tend to do significantly more damage and be just more useful in general during gameplay. Also, the Plasma Pistols are overkill - you won't always be shooting them, and you also don't want to risk overheating on your already very expensive Skull Champions. I'd recommend dropping them, personally. The Rhinos could do without the dozer blades, instead using smoke launchers and/or extra armour if you have the points. My last point is the Melta Bombs - you're far better off if you can get Melta Guns (not sure if Berzerkers have that option); if not, drop the Melta Bombs anyway, as they won't help you much against vehicles, especially skimmers.

Chaos Defiler (170 pts)
Twin-linked lascannon
Not bad, if you like Defilers. Could be useful, overall.

2 Spawn Of Chaos'
Not the best choices in the world; they won't be able to get into combat very quickly, nor will they dish as much damage as you'd like if they can get there. Maybe consider dropping these guys off and finding some other anti-tank; use the points saved from the two Berzerker squads, maybe get a couple of Terminators or perhaps a Predator if you have the points. I have no idea how many points Spawns are, so I can't list too many choices.

Hope this helps. :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
44 Posts
Riffing on what Lost Nemesis said (Smoke and Searchlights come standard on Chaos vehicles), you can drop the Plasma Pistols, the Spawns, and the TL Lascannon on your Defiler.

Then you can convert the Defiler to 2x CCW arms and keep the Battlecannon, which you can fire as you're moving him up. This fits with the Khorne CC theme. If you lose the Defiler, no big loss because you can pick up a Predator with Lascannon sponsons. I haven't done the points, but it should work out.

And finally I like the idea of Power Weapons on the Skull Champs (as per Rabbit's suggestion). They hit at full initiative to tear apart infantry quickly and force morale checks, and you have the Melta Bombs in case you run into a walker or something.

Someday I'll figure out how to write all my thoughts in a single post.

·
Registered
852 Posts
HQ-

Kharn The Betrayer
Good
Troops-

Upgrade to Power weapon
Upgrade to Plasma Pistol
Melta Bombs
Drop the pistol on the Skull Champ, and take it on the squad instead.
Upgrade to Power weapon
Upgrade to Plasma Pistol
Melta Bombs
Same as above.
Chaos Defiler (170 pts)
Twin-linked lascannon
Take two Defiler Close Combat Weapons (DCCW) instead of the lascannon.
2 Spawn Of Chaos'
I'd drop these, as they are really not a good choice.
Total Points 994
There ya go!

-J

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
HQ-

Kharn The Betrayer

Troops-

Upgrade to Power weapon
Upgrade to Plasma Pistol
Melta Bombs

Upgrade to Power weapon
Upgrade to Plasma Pistol
Melta Bombs

Chaos Defiler (170 pts)
Twin-linked lascannon

2 Spawn Of Chaos'

Total Points 994
I'd be too scared of losing one of those transports and having the poor guys running around everywhere thats a lot of points if one of those transports goes down.

I'd prefer possessed over spawn, I don't like the models and they are completely random from start to finish which is not good for someone with my dice throwing.

·
73 Posts
I haven't had a chance to play with the new Chaos Spawn, but everyone is saying they're pretty bad (completely random movement, etc). What is your reasoning behind including them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.