Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted soming with both speed and pop, mostly assualt with some cover fire, here goes:

HQ:
Champlian w/ jump pack and plasman pistol 105

Troops:
Ten man tactical squad w/plasma gun, rino with smoke launcher 209

Ten man tactical squad w/plasma gun, rino 206

Ten man scout squad all with sniper rifles 180

Fast Attack
Ten man assault squad, all with melt bomb, two with plasma pistols 300

Tactics: Champlain attaches to assault squad, goes tank hunting, rino squads take objectives, against a shooty army they assault, against a assaulty army they shoot and try to tank shock, snipers pin down critical enemy troops and generally harass.

What do you think? Not enough heavy fire power? Comments welcome

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's quite good, but the last time I fielded a all-infantry army, I encountered a very fast CC Khorne Army...and got my ass kicked. All I'd have needed was a Predator Tank or something, and I'd really missed that.

Apart from that, looking good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what should i drop?
also, was it the vehicile you missed or the weopons? as in, would dropping half the scouts and adding an autocannon and a wirlwind cut it?

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
shrink a tak squad and give it a razorback

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so would you agree taking our half the scouts and giving the scout squad a heavy bolter, and adding in a wirly?
also, a what do you think of plasma vs meltas? what has worked against what in the past?
i disagree with the rino, makes it less assaulty, as a smaller squad will not be as good, and such
think i should shave pts for vet sarges?

·
Registered
114 Posts
i play space marines, when giving cover fire your whirlwind will not be good. it has a scatter dice, so you never really know what it might be covering for you. i think the idea of dropping the scouts, adding a devastator squad, and if your army is too expensive then, (it probably will be) you should drop like a guy or two in each unit. also give the second rhino smoke launchers...nobody will care about 3 extra pts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.