Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first 40k army. Nurgle look like a lot of fun for fluff / painting / converting purposes. With that being said, I still want a competitive list.

Daemon Prince (130)
Wings

7 Plague Marines (261)
2 Meltaguns
Champ w/ Power Fist, Personal Icon
Rhino

7 Plague Marines (261)
2 Meltaguns
Rhino

7 Plague Marines (216)
2 Plasmaguns
Champ w/ Power Weapon, Personal Icon

10 Lesser Daemons (130)

Total: 998 pts

The idea is to rush in the 2x meltagun squads into armor/CC while the plasmagun squad moves in while shooting. The daemon prince can ambush troublesome units while the lesser daemons are there for the unpredictability and the ability to tie up any unit / swarm. They also seem great for either keeping the plasmagun squad out of CC or helping an out-numbered meltagun squad. Plus, the fluff doesn't hurt.

I wanted to give the daemon price the Mark of Nurgle for fluff reasons but it just doesn't seem worth it for the points.

Are there any obvious improvements to be made? Will this list be competitive?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I like it. Personally, I'd give the rhinos extra armor, get rid of the plasma gun squad, and replace it with a predator with autocannon and lascannon sponsons, but that's just my preference because opponents might not let you get close enough to their vehicles with the meltaguns. Also, it'll take a couple turns to get close enough anyway, where with lascannons you can start shooting right away and hopefully take out a vehicle before it does any damage.

Overall, a solid list though.;Y

·
Registered
88 Posts
The list needs major reworking a skimmer from Tau or Eldar will make you lose the game, even if it's a transport, you need range. At least take out the Lesser deamons and make up another 20 points for 2 Oblitz it will help you out tones, however I still think you need more anti skimmer if your opponent plays smartly he will focus fire them and after they are gone, he'll win most likely.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The list needs major reworking a skimmer from Tau or Eldar will make you lose the game, even if it's a transport, you need range. At least take out the Lesser deamons and make up another 20 points for 2 Oblitz it will help you out tones, however I still think you need more anti skimmer if your opponent plays smartly he will focus fire them and after they are gone, he'll win most likely.
What is a skimmer? Could I drop the unit of 7 plague marines w/ plasmas and 1 daemon and replace them with 3 obliterators?

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, here is an updated list:

Daemon Prince (130)
Wings

7 Plague Marines (261)
2 Meltaguns
Rhino

7 Plague Marines (266)
2 Plasmaguns
Champ w/ Power Fist, Personal Icon, Meltabombs
Rhino

3 Obliterators (225)

9 Lesser Daemons (117)

Total: 999 pts

Also, where can you buy Obliterator models? I don't see any on the GW online store.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If I were you, I would drop the lesser daemons and add another obliterator. Making two squads of two. Then add MoN and warptime to your daemon prince. THat will make you two points over. That can easily be remedied by dropping the melta bombs from one squad.

Daemon Prince (175)
Wings
MoN
Warptime

7 Plague Marines (261)
2 Meltaguns
Rhino

7 Plague Marines (261)
2 Plasmaguns
Champ w/ Power Fist, Personal Icon,
Rhino

2 Obliterators (150)

2 Obliterators (150)

Like that.

Another option would be to drop all of the obliterators, and use predators instead. Which may be a good idea, because in that case you would have 4 AV's instead of just 2.

·
227 Posts
I agree about the Lesser Demons; I'm just not that sold on their usefulness. I don't think you really need 4 Obliterators in a 1,000 pt army, though.

What about dropping the Demons for some more Plague Marines? I know 7 is the lucky number for 'em, but taking that number doesn't give you any bonuses any more.

Alternatively, instead of just upping the model count in your units you could get more squads of less models. I like this approach because it makes you a bit more flexible.

Just some ideas. You'll only really get a better list by playtesting, to see what fits your play style and what doesn't.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree, the Lesser Daemons seem underwhelming... I just like the idea of daemons in a chaos army!

p89tqrl's proposed list looks solid and that's what I'll start with. Going with craftman2's suggestion or more squads, I would build a list something like this:

Daemon Prince (130)
Wings

6 Plague Marines (238)
2 Meltaguns
Rhino

6 Plague Marines (243)
2 Plasmaguns
Champ w/ Power Fist, Personal Icon, Meltabombs
Rhino

6 Plague Marines (238)
2 Meltaguns
Rhino

2 Obliterators (150)

This looks a lot more flexible but it requires me to commit to more models than the one with 4 obliterators, so it'll have to wait. Thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Your right Kosomon, also a thing I may change would be to add a Personal Icon on th DP instead of a unit of Plague Marines, I feel as the DP is way more mobile and effective than a PM unit,

other than that, the list looks solid GL !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.