Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am starting a mechanized sisters WH force (i already have a sizeable chaos force). I've spent time reading tacticas and such, but this is my first try at creating a 1000 Pt list of my own.

Canoness @ 110 Pts
Eviscerator; Cloak of St Aspira; Jump Pack

9 Battle Sisters @ 205 Pts
Flamer; Heavy Flamer
1 Veteran Superior
Book of St. Lucius
Rhino @ [58] Pts
Extra Armor; Smoke Launcher

9 Battle Sisters @ 204 Pts
Meltagun; Heavy Flamer
1 Veteran Superior
Rhino @ [58] Pts
Extra Armor; Smoke Launcher

6 Seraphim @ 208 Pts
Twin-Linked Hand Flamers (x2)
Veteran Superior
Eviscerator; Book of St. Lucius

Exorcist @ 135 Pts

Exorcist @ 135 Pts

Total: 997 Pts

Is 2 exorcists too much for 1000 pts? It feels like a lot, but I don't feel comfortable with only 1 as anti-tank support.

I don't have any experience with a vehicle-based force, coming from pure infantry army so advice is appreciated! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have play a list that is almost exactly the same and I have to say that having two exorcists in 1k points is pretty much required as you don't have much in the way of anti tank with Sisters. I would however, drop the meltagun on the second sisters squad for another flamer and then buy your canoness a book of st. lucius so that she can go off on her own without worrying about running away at all. Other than that though the list is pretty good.

Reactions: H3ytony

·
Registered
118 Posts
Maybe exchange the Eviscerator for a Blessed Weapon, as you already have to Exos. That would make her more character hunting and less AT. Otherwise it looks good, but I can only guess how long those 2 Rhinos will survive, but yes, 1000pts is not enough to get everything. :)

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
I would look at your second weapon choices after the "mandatory" HFLamer in your SOB squads. Sometimes, I like to just use one, and spend the points elsewhere. Blessed Weapon versus Eviscerator is always a hard choice for me - both are very nice, and I have two flying models to use with whichever blade I like at the moment.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice! ;Y Here is my revised list.

Canoness @ 120 Pts
Blessed Weapon; Cloak of St Aspira; Jump Pack; Book of St. Lucius

9 Battle Sisters @ 200 Pts
Flamer; Heavy Flamer
1 Veteran Superior @ [25] Pts
Rhino @ [58] Pts
Smoke Launcher; Extra Armour

9 Battle Sisters @ 204 Pts
Meltagun; Heavy Flamer
1 Veteran Superior @ [25] Pts
Rhino @ [58] Pts
Smoke Launcher; Extra Armour

6 Seraphim @ 203 Pts
Twin Hand Flamers (x2)
1 Veteran Superior @ [57] Pts
Eviscerator

Exorcist @ 135 Pts

Exorcist @ 135 Pts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Smells Good!! :) The 2 exos are great in 1000pts. If you want advice I recommend the mech-sister tactica here on LO. You'll have to remember to use all of your mobility. Remember that you can move 12" disembark and rapid fire with your sisters. Keep your Seraphims behind your Rhinos in cover and use the full strength of your army to take out a couple of units per turn.

·
Registered
442 Posts
why do your squads have a heavy flamer when they are in vehicles, they can't fire once they disembark, isn't that kind of pointless? and try 2 leman russ over the 2 exorcist as they can lay down the ordanance blasts and if you give them a small points upgrade can fire 3 heavy bolters a piece perfect for taking out 36'' targets early on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.