Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now, I am still working on this list so if anyone has any suggestions, tell me.

HQ
wolf lord - frost blade, bolt pistol
space marine bike
Runic Armour
Runic charm

Venerable Dread. - Assault Cannon, heavy flamer
transport - drop pod

elites
wolf scouts (4) - 2 plasma pistol, 1 melta gun

troops
Grey Hunter Pack (10) - 2 plasma pistols, 1 melta gun
transport - drop pod

transport - drop pod

Fast Attack
Land Speeder Squadron - assault cannon, heavy bolter

total = 996

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
The problem I see is that your Wolf Lord and Speeder, though this may be kept in Reserve also, will be the only things on the board to start, if you plan to utiliize the DPs. That makes them obvious targets.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i thought that the wolf lord can take care of himself, just as long as he stays away from the big guns and nasty power fists/claws. the speeder will do the same, but will stick back and fire the crap out of anyone in range and guns out of range of their guns. then the drop pods come in, I place them strategically, all depends on wheres what in the game so far, and then they fire the crap out of anyone the land next to.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Actually he can take care of himself but when a whole force of 1000 pts is shooting at him noone can take care of it...

The one thing you can do is to make use of the cover if you want to play them like this. But he won't move a bit until the rest of your force arrive which is points down the sink. The other is to have more units on the table when the first round commences!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i guess, but what else can i have though? I'm taking the drop pods because thats the cheapest and safest way to get into CC, I think at least.

please give me some insight if i'm wrong.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
If you use Rhinos there are two possibilities. Either use them as a passenger carrying option and use smoke launchers and terrain to reach to CC and the other option is to use a Rhino as a moving cover to have your team reach CC, although the second option is just a waste of points.

You can use Razorbacks. Their ability to move and shoot and use Smoke Launchers are great for protecting the passengers and getting them into CC distance.

Then there is the Land Raider. What more can you ask for? I know the points for the above mentioned vehicles are not as cheap as a Drop Pod is but each and every vehicle in a Space Marine list has pros and cons...

Reactions: Platypus

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, here are the revisions i made. Tell me what you think.

HQ
wolf lord - frost blade, bolt pistol
space marine bike
Runic Armour
Runic charm

Wolf Gaurd Battle Leader - frost blade, storm bolter
termi armour
Runic charm

Elites
Wolf scouts - 2 plasma pistols, 1 melta gun

troops
transport - drop pod

Blood claw pack (9) - 2 power fists

Heavy support
Land Raider

total = 996

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
I would take out the land raider, 1000 points is much to small for that bad boy (You don't want to have 1/4 of your points taken out in 1 turn by a lucky lascannon). IMO you should put in a predator or a dreadnaught, and also bring back the land speeder. Land speeders are very nasty in 1000 point battles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.