Elites:
4 man stealth squad, team leader w/ drone contoller, 2 sheild drones 157
4 man stealth squad, team leader w/ drone contoller, 2 sheild drones 157

Heavy:
Broadside w/ multi tracker 75
Broadside w/ multi tracker 75
Hammerhead w/ion cannon, smart missles, multitracker, distuption pod 155

total: 999 pts

So, is this a good list? did i make mistakes? everything legal? consider it cheesy? someone (i know the odds are slim) like it?
Any comments appreciated, thank you

·
Registered
60 Posts
Make the HQ a Shas'O, much better, make the shield drones on the stealth suits gun drones and maybe even make 1 squad of 6, and I'd take a crisis team of 3.

Looks good tho, but you really need crisis suits!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Also, just to give u ideas, a Shas'o and Shas'el can take 3 weapons, for example, Fusion Blaster, Missle Pod, and Plasma Rilfe, then u can hardwire and multitracker,and a drone controller

·
Registered
531 Posts
More crisis, and the shas'o is a must. Other than that its nice.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I did remmeber the body guard and the fact that this is a 1000 point list so jut the shas'o upgrade got enough crisis.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Stealth Suits are a huge waste of points. 160 points for 4 Stealth Suits? That's way too much! More Fire Warriors would be better. And more shield drones for the HQ would be very useful.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Zviper nailed it.

Upgrade shas'el to shas'o

Switch shield drones on stealth to gun drones.

Probably don't need disruption pod on hammerhead for 100 point list and small/regular tables.

Stealth definitely do not suck. They really pour out the shots, have a good armor save, are harder to see/hit past an average of 22-24", and they can move-shoot-move. Opponents hate them.

Consider dropping bodyguard and making 1-2 unit crisis team.

Shas'o MP/PR/MT 110
10 FWs bonded 110
10 FWs bonded 110
HH w/ Ion/MT/SMS 150
Broadside w/ MT 75
Broadside w/ MT 75
6 stealth bonded 190
2 Crisis MT/PR/MP/HWDC/2 gun drones 157
Total 977

With the 23 points you could add 2 more fire warriors or the drones controller and 2 gun drones to the stealth team. This is one version of a very successful list. Your really was pretty close. That's it for my suggestions. Good luck. For bigger lists I add a squad of gun drones, as well as other units as desired.

TauofWar

·
Registered
374 Posts
Originally posted by TauofWar@Nov 13 2003, 16:44
Stealth definitely do not suck. They really pour out the shots, have a good armor save, are harder to see/hit past an average of 22-24", and they can move-shoot-move. Opponents hate them.
Agreed, Stealth Suits are good, but in limited roles. In a 1000 point game, 300 points worth is probably too much though. More versitile units like Fire Warriors and Crisis Squads are more ideal for a 1000 pt. game.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I know many guys who use them in any point game. not sure the reference to 300 points. A full squad of 6 bonded costs 190 points. A matter of taste for some I guess.

TauofWar

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the great feedback guys! i was thinking of having the stealth suits orginized like that, in two smaller groups, as to have more mobility. In a cleanse, i have two units to claim quarter with, and on other missions they can be used for taking objectives, or just for funneling enemy where i want. So by cutting it to one 6 man, does this sacrifice too much mobility? if i cut it down to a six man squad i can afford to add remove the body guard and make it into a two man crisis team for the commander to join.
oh, i agree with everyone, the shas'o is a needed upgrade, and i'll drop the diruption pod from the hammerhead.
but my thinking on shield drones over gun drones was the lascannon. with a gun drone, i lose a man from the squad for 25% fall back or 50% for taking cornors, but with a shield drone that invunerable save looks very appealing on that str 9 ap 2 shot, much better chance of not taking any casualty.
any thoughts on the stealth or drones?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.