Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are two lists for the Adepticon team tourney. The lists will pair with 2 1000 pt Black Templar lists.

Assaulty List (996)

HQ
Autarch (130)
- Jetbike
- Laser Lance
- Mandiblasters

Elite
Howling Banshees x10 (317)
- Exarch w/Executioner
- Wave Serpent w/SS, VE, TL Shur Cans

Troops [1 is OK]
Dire Avengers x 10 (152)
- Exarch w/2xASC, Bladestorm

Fast Attack
Shining Spears x 5 (237)
- Exarch w/Shur Can, Skilled Rider, Withdraw

Heavy Support
Fire Prism (160)
- HF
- SS

Autarch goes with SS for Assaulting, Banshees do what Banshees do, Fire Prism pops armor/elite infantry, DA's do what DA's do.

Shooty List (999)

HQ
Autarch (120)
- Warp Jump Generator
- Deathspinner
- Power Weapon
- MB

Elite
Harlequin Troupe x 6 (132)
- Harlequin's Kiss x 6

Troops [1 is OK]
Dire Avengers x 10 (152)
- Exarch w/2xASC, Bladestorm

Fast Attack
Warp Spiders x 9 (240)
- Exarch w/2 DS, PB, Withdraw

Heavy Support [2 is OK]
Falcon (195)
- Shuri Can
- Shuri Can
- HF
- SS
- VE

Fire Prism (160)
- HF
- SS

Autarch goes with WS for shooting/assaulting squads they can handle, Harlies do what Harlies do, Fire Prism pops armor/elite infantry, DA's do what DA's do.

Please comment. Both armies are pretty quick and are likely to seize objectives and both have two skimmers. The tourney rules and compositions are such that the slots listed above are maximums, except for Troops. The two BT armies have a Tac Squad and one has Assault Marines and the other Termies. Both have some mandatory assault cannons.

Thanks,
Homer

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi

Both armies have a lone fire prism, in my experience this can only end in a waste of points one shot a turn can be very unreliable somtimes so if this fails you have no more AT, so I would spend the points on 2 war walkers each with 2 bright lances, the extra points can be taken off the wave serpent, you don't need VE on this or off the falcon (same thing) just keep it moving, so it can only take glancing hits the HF will hopefully do the rest

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both armies have a lone fire prism, in my experience this can only end in a waste of points one shot a turn can be very unreliable somtimes so if this fails you have no more AT, so I would spend the points on 2 war walkers each with 2 bright lances, the extra points can be taken off the wave serpent, you don't need VE on this or off the falcon (same thing) just keep it moving, so it can only take glancing hits the HF will hopefully do the rest
BS4 should help on the single shot but I know what you mean. On the no VE, the Serpent can't take Holofields and I don't ever want the girls to get their feet dirty/entangled. Same with the Harlies. I didn't take a Shadowseer to save points so they will get shot fast if I don't keep them in the Falcon or in assault.

Thanks for the comments!
Homer

·
Registered
76 Posts
OK, so maybe the wave serpent might need it if you really want but what can an imobile wave seprent do? The falcon, on the other hand definately dosen't need VE if you keep it moving all penetrating hits on it will count as glancing so your opponent will need two 5's or 6's to destroy it. If you think you really need them keep them, this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If the serpent doesnt crash (becomes a wreck) then the banshees just disembark... rather than be entagled..

·
Registered
294 Posts
huh...

seems those 2 lists would work pretty well together. i need to get some howling banshees damnit! oh well. good luck on your tourney! also, i was wondering about the single prism as well. i think that he has a good point on 2 WW with 2 BLs on each. thats pretty powerful, and u get 4 shots at 8/1. thats pretty good, compared to 1 on the prism. oh well, just my thoughts..

peace,
Trav

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

For 160 points, I can swap the Fire Prism for 2 WW w/BL & EML. That makes it 4 shots/turn compared to 1 shot/turn. What this loses is the dispersed shot that can kill hordes.

The only issue I would have is that then the list only has one skimmer. This will die quick to the entire tank shooting of the opposition.

I have models built/painted to swap one list.

Thoughts?
Homer

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
How did these do?

We had our taints handed to us! Just not enough punch vs. T4 troops. Back to the drawing board! We played against Eldar in 1 of our eight games: Fire Dragons still do well, deliver them in a Falcon and kill what ever you need to.

Of the 8 teams I faced, there were 2 Ork, 2 DA (Power Armor and Ravenwing), 2 CSM (Tzeentch and Khorne/Slaanesh), 1 Eldar and 1 Tyranid. The other half of our team faced at least 4 Ork players, 1 of which was Dave Taylor.

What worked:

Falcon, Banshees and Harlequins. The Falcon was alive in all but one game, died to the Fire Dragons as one of the shots rolled double 6's. Banshees rocked when you get them applied right. Killed a bun load of Khorne and a Demon Prince. Harlequins either ate what I could get them into, died to shooting or tied up a significant portion of the opponents army. In the last game, they kept the opponents Termies tied up in their Land Raider.

What didn't work:
Dire Avengers: Neither list had more than 1 squad, d'oh! and even with their volume of fire, die to Heavy Bolters.

Shining Spears: They killed anything they struck first against, but were owned by the Slaanesh Demon Prince and massed Ork shooting.

Homer

·
The Demagogue
485 Posts
how did the warp spiders do? In my experience they have a really easy time causing lots of wounds, good for whittling down large squads, and their high S shots should have contributed against the T4 problems you were having. Shining spears are tricky to apply, send them against a squad thats low T/ numbers and they will wipe the squad on the charge and get murdered by shooting, send them against models with inv saves and power weapons (hqs mostly) and it might be them getting mowed down in combat.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Warp Spiders were mixed. They did fairly well against Orcs with lots of shots and higher I. They died mostly due to a lack of cover on the boards. The Chaos list was using Thousand Suns... brrrr :0, AP3 bolters really suck!

Homer

·
The Demagogue
485 Posts
homer, think of the warp spider like a trap door spider. Pop from behind cover, shoot, pop back over. never leave them without a piece of terrain big enough to block enemies between them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
homer, think of the warp spider like a trap door spider. Pop from behind cover, shoot, pop back over. never leave them without a piece of terrain big enough to block enemies between them.
That's how I usually run them. Problem is when the enemy is staying hidden or you have to move them to take objectives... or heaven forbid, the enemy is fast moving too!

Thanks!
Homer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.