Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little over a 1000 pts. of a Word Bearer/Tzeentch army and I would like a welcome some C&C on it and what to add to it to make a nice 1500 pt. army. Heres what I have so far (I dont have the points with me right now):

HQ

DP
Wings
MoT
Warptime, Wind of Change

Troops

9 marines (10)
2x plasma gun
1 Champ. with powerfist
rhino

9 marines (10)
2x meltas
1 champ. w/ power weapon
rhino

8 Thousand Sons (9)
1 sorcerer w/ doombolt

Elites

4 Terminators
3x combi plasmas, hvy. flamer
IoCG

I don't have any more rhinos, but I do have at least 20 more troops not including about 10 models with ass. hvy. weapons and enought more troops to make 2 5-man havoc squads. I plan to use 2 Oblits, maybe just one. I also have a cc dread I just converted from the space marine dread that came with ABR box set that I would like to use, or maybe my defiler, but hes not all cc though. Again C&C welcome and appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lol i dont know why those cyclopian smilies are in there but I meant to say that my squads were ten man strong including the Champ. srry.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Word bearers should have daemons. Lots and lots of daemons

Other than that, it looks like a solid 1000pt list, although I prefer outfitting my CSM's with melta guns and powerfists. plasma is expensive and you really want to be able to blow up a tank in a pinch. If you're shooting MEQ's, a round of pistol and melta shots followed by a charge is very effective, and if you're shooting 2+ save units, well that's what your termies are for. The karmoon special can easily take out a termie captain with his retinue.

Lastly, IoCG is essential. Not only does it make your troops close to unbreakable, but it gives you the pin-point accuracy needed for effecive terminator surgery.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have about 36 demons to use, but since the induction of 5th. ed. I'm not really so keen on using them anymore. I usually play against SM and if this was 4th. I used to put at least two 10 man(woman) squads of demonnettes. But now I lose my rending and Init. advant with those ladies so .... I'm srry, I should specify that I'm going against SM with this particular list.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The lesser Daemons comment was mostly a fluff issue, but remember that Lesser Daemons sill behave exactly like CSM's on the charge, and with IoCG, you can set up some serious attackiness.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd drop the terminators, free up as many points as possible for as many units of Daemons as you can possible squeeze in there. I'd try to keep three or more Marine Squads in order to easily summon the Daemons. Since this is going to be a primarily close combat army, you'll want to fill in some Heavy Support for some ranged support if possible.

Best of luck, hope it works out for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts