Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is the basis of my Wych cult and I'm pretty confident it's a solid core to grow from. I've got another 5 points to spend and basically I'm debating on where to put it but I'll probably just give my Dracite a hell mask..... Or I'll get in on the arguement that you can have a Punisher on a RJB... (I'm not looking on arguing this here, I'll leave that for my gaming store).

I've got no conception on whether this will work, but comments will be appreciated

Dracite [125]
w/ RJB w/ SF w/ T. Helm w/ PW

9 Wyches [200]
Succubus w/Agonizer
Wych Weapons
Raider

9 Wyches [200]
Succubus w/Agonizer
Wych Weapons
Raider
9 Wyches [200]
Succubus w/Agonizer
Wych Weapons
Raider

Beast Master [75]
5 Beasts

Beast Master [75]
5 Beasts

4 Reavers [120]
2 BL

Total: 995

·
Registered
400 Posts
Consider dropping one WB pack at 1K. Use some of the points to give the Wyches PGs. You have one of the highest initiatives in the game and will give that up if/when you assault into cover. That 4+ INV save is not going to help you when you have to roll a ton of saves because your opponent struck first with a full strength squad. You don't have any Disintegrators to whittle them down and would be hard pressed to swap any DLs out since you don't have a sniper squad. And a 1K you will start to see armor/Dreads on the table. Wych Cults are at a disadvantge in games less than 1250-1500 points. Our squads are too expensive so we don't get great numbers of troops. You might also be able to add a few Blasters into the Wych Squads. And give the Drachite drugs. Just be careful since she is only carrying 2 wounds.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How right you were on the PG's...

I never really noticed while playing, but now that you mention it, the plasma gernades would of saved me about 3 wyches, which I think would of made a big difference.

Played a game last night and pulled out a tie, but not too sure why I did so good... So I'll drop a wych and give the two larger squads PG's. Evening it out to 1000 points...

I'm confident in my anti-armour capabilities, and have a habit to FoF regardless just to ensure I'm close enough to charge, so that's the reason I won't put BL's in the wych squads. And I'm realize that this is potentially costing me 9 Splinter Pistol shots a charge, but I'm always second guessing the distance between. I'm sure I'll shake this habit eventually.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Blasters in smaller games may not be needed in the squads. As you increase the points limits on your games though consider adding them in. I run 4 Wych squads in my Cult. 2 have Blasters and 2 don't. You never know when the only thing in range is a Dread or some other Uber character/big nasty that you want to try to remove a wound or 2 from before you assault it.

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
I have a list VERY similar to yours with a couple changes - yes, it was "ollie-fied" to a degree. The only thing I have to say is I dont have any warpbeasts in the list although lately I have been making some with them. At 1000 I find reavers to be a little more effecient than the beasts.

Not to take away from your thread but rather show an alternative and perhaps inspire a twist.

Archite, drugs, field, trophy, power wpn, t-helm, reaver

5 Reaver squad, 2 blasters
1 Reaver Succubus, power wpn, t-helm

9 Wych, 2 blaster, ww, pg
1 succ, ag/sp, hg, pg
Raider w/dissy

9 Wych, 2 blaster, ww, pg
1 succ, ag/sp, hg, pg
Raider w/dissy

Ravager, 1 DL, 2 Dis, nightshield (I know)

Idea was for the reavers to draw fire from the wyches while the Ravager stayed 31+" away and snipe. Archite could separate or run behind group while reavers tried to pop a heavy target. Nevermind the haywires, perhaps they should be put on the reaver succ instead or even on the Archite. Wyches were outfitted to takle either troops or transports.

An alternative with your list in mind would be to downgrade my archite to a dracite remove all grenades and dissys + nightshield and add a warp beast pack. I just cant help but feel the warpbeasts are out of place and belong in the warp.

Never play tested it though, its the best I could do with 1000 points - tough call.

Reactions: ollieb

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah... This was my other draft for my 1000 pts... It's similar to your, I just favoured more wyches in turn for upgrades... Plus I figure I'd have another squad to play with....

The screaming jets on the Ravager is for surprises. Because I believe surprises win battles!!! and deep striking insures he's safe the first couple of turns and makes it safely into the other end..... Just dropping the CD's would allow me to distribute PG's so I'll give this a run soon...

Dracite [150]
w/ RJB w/ SF w/ T. Helm w/ PW w/ CD

9 Wyches [200]
Succubus w/Agonizer
WW
Raider
9 Wyches [200]
Succubus w/Agonizer
WW
Raider

9 Wyches [200]
Succubus w/Agonizer
WW
Raider

4 Reavers [120]
2 BL

Ravager [130]
w/ 3 Dissies, Screaming Jets

Total: 1000

·
Registered
400 Posts
Have you ever attempted to DS a Ravager? It won't survive. Unless you get zero scatter and can place it completely out of LOS even if your opponent moves you'll give away 145 points and loose a major troop killer. To me the risk won't outweigh the benefit. There are plenty of weapons with a high enough STR to kill a Ravager that can move and fire.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And so the play testing will begin...

I'm not saying it's a guarantee that it's going to work all the time... I don't expect it to survive, just as I don't expect my raiders to live, or Dracite to live.... But if they have an impact in the grand scheme of things I'll be content....

Plus you can only hide so many Raiders on a 4 x 4 field, But I do worry about getting it too late in the game... Hence I'm sticking with the warp beast squads, they're fun, look awesome, and don't have much of a problem getting into assault by turn 2.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
A little OT, but isn't your avatar too big? It's -way- over the limit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts