Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, is this list even viable? I have not tried such a list before (still pretty green) so I'll have to experiment with tactics for it.

I typically have relied on a large block of saurus warriors and I have not gotten a chance to see my Cold Ones do much in our half dozen or so games. Lizzies aren't the best shooters but the skinks always come kind of close to earning their points back for me.

I still wanted one CC unit so there is where the cold one cavalry comes in. I gave them a full command to protect the hero from assassins and for CR, which seems almost like a must win with only one serious CC unit. I have not used ranked skinks before - are they better in ranks or a "gun" line? Honestly, I have only really used skinks for screening and march blocking while getting a couple of shots off during a game.

I put a unit of Razordons because they seem better in a group of three over the salamanders. Also, my opponents are VC and DE typically so the salamander leadership tests don't help me very much.

Hero:
Scar-Vet (Light Armor, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Cold One - Join Unit)

Core:
Skinks x 10

Skinks x 10

Skink Skirmishers x 10

Skink Skirmishers x 10

Special:
Terradon Riders x 5

Cold One Cavalry x 5 (Full Command)

Rare:
Razordon x 3 (Extra Handlers)

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you are putting the champ in the CO unit to protect the champ, why not drop the enchanted shield and sword of might for the sword of battle and maiming shield 6 str 5 attacks as oppose to 4 str 6 i believe will be more effective against the likes of DE and VC.

Also i find ranked skinks are only good at doing the jobs skirmishing skinks are good at - march blocking/ redirecting charges/ harassment, why not drop a unit of skirmishes, 2 terradons... add in another 10 block of ranked skinks, add another razordon and split them into 2 units of 2...

Just something to think about, hope it helps..

Chickenout!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to run two units of two Razordons but I think at 1000 points you can only take one Rare choice. But I don't have my book in front of me.

What about 5 Chameleon Skinks instead of a unit of Skirmishers? Are they worth fielding in a unit of 5 or just units of 10?

I like the idea of more attacks with the Scar-Vet. I might drop a unit of ranked skinks to get the extra 15 points to change to the Maiming Shield and then upgrade the other ranked skinks to Skirmishers with the extra.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I must apologize, you are indeed correct, cannot take two units of razordaons. :silly:

I find that chameleons are just not worth the extra points, maybe try out a few kroxigor? i know they are not what they used to be, but hey Str 6 M 6 they stick to your fast army scheme, and add a little extra punch? Also the standard and musician are not really necessary in the CoC unit, but hey if you keep the banner why not add in huanchis blessed totem... extra speed?

well just a few more ideas out on the table for you hope it helps

Chickenout!

·
4,361 Posts
I think I might drop a unit of skinks to get another terradon, and split them up ino two groups. And the sword of battle/maiming shield combo is really nice on a vet. May need to drop a unit of skirmishers instead of regular skinks to get both.

As for the razordon/salamander choice, I am not really a fan of either to be honest. I think they are really expensive in a 1k list. But they can be fun to play.

Good luck,
SirKently

1 - 5 of 5 Posts