Troops

12x Fire Warriors -120
6x Fire Warriors, Team Leader, Markerlight, HWTL -75

Fast Attack

Pirahna, TA, Fusion Gun -75

Heavy Support

Hammerhead, Ioncannon, Burst Cannons, Decoys, MT -125

Broadside, TA, HWDC, Team Leader, 1x Shield Drone -100

Comments are appreciated his list is relatively slow with 2 speeders, whirlwind, 2x 10 sm squads, pred, devestators and that about it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
HQ

Shas'el, MP, PR, TA, HWMT -97
El' CIB = Shas'el, CIB, PR, HWMT, TA -100

The CIB really won't do ya any good here. Ya you get AP 1 on a 6... but thats on a 6...
In fact, you really don't need another 'El here.

Elites

2x Deathrains, TAs -106

Can any one say "Popped Pred?"

3x XV8, 3x MP, 3x PR, 2x MT, TL with TA, HWMT-201

Your Fire Knifes don't need to have a Team Leader with a TA/TL. if you're going up against squads of 10 marines then you don't need to split your fire.

4x Stealth Suits -120

I really like these guys. Great for jumping within 18" of that Dev squad, shooting 'em up, and then jumping to a safe 24" away again.

Troops

12x Fire Warriors -120

If his list is slow then you're gonna want another one of these squads to take advantage of the 30" S5 Tautastic gun.

6x Fire Warriors, Team Leader, Markerlight, HWTL -75

If you want to have Marker Lights in your army, you're gonna need more than one. Add I'm pretty sure you need a Shas'ui for the Ml/HW-TL... And if not then you need one for the much needed upgrade in Ld. same with your Fire Warrior squad above.

Fast Attack

Pirahna, TA, Fusion Gun -75

Great last second objective getter.

Heavy Support

Hammerhead, Ioncannon, Burst Cannons, Decoys, MT -125

To be honest, I think that the Railgun is a whole lot better just cause you get a S10 AP1 shot or a S6 AP4 big blast that doesn't scatter. The big blast can still take out Marines 'cause ya still need 2's and you hit like 8 of them if he bunched them up for you...

Broadside, TA, HWDC, Team Leader, 1x Shield Drone -100

With your Deathrains and Railhead, your not gonna need any more anti-tank. maybe a Sniper group instead just cause I think they're great AND they have wound marines on a 2 and don't give a care about your armor shot. AND you get a ML that hits on 3's!

Maybe you could get 2 of them with the points from the XV88 and 'el...

Comments are appreciated his list is relatively slow with 2 speeders, whirlwind, 2x 10 sm squads, pred, devestators and that about it.
Have fun and may the Greater Good guide you to Victory!

-TD

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just realised this is over so i took out the stealths and added a shasui to the markerlight fw suad cause you are right and it is is necessary upgrade to take markerlight/hwtl. In the PR/MP Squad TL simply indicate Team Leader not Target Lock. I played a match against thousand sons. His list included 2x 10man Tzeentch squads, 1x Lord, Dred and Vindicator. He was a bit dodgy on my line of sight but i didn't mind. My pirahna blew up both the vindi and the dred. The lord was insta-killed via railgun 2nd turn and every last marine was dead by turn 3. Overall it was a crushing victory as i lost 3x Fire Warriors and a Hammerhead and he lost his whole army. 155 pt lost for 1000pt dead. Pretty satisfying....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts