20 Warriors with shields and full command

10 Rpt Xbowmen

10 Rpt Xbowmen

Special - 185 Points

5 Shades w ad Hand weapons

Cold one chariot

Rare - 175* Points

War hydra

I'll be playing vs lizardmen, any opinions welcome on how to improve it and if you like it or not!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well I came to this forum to learn about the Dark Elves, I only play lizardmen and have a 1k game this weekend, if you tell me what your army list here can do I will deff give you some feedback on what the lizards will bring.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hey mate,

List looks good, I do like lists with plenty of Spearmen in them, although I prefer units at least 30 strong (5 wide, 6+ deep). Makes the unit seem more impressive/imposing and more survivable. As well as a huge target for Dwellers etc.

I'd maybe drop 10 Spearmen and their Command, chuck the remaining 10 into the other unit of 20 (so a unit of 30) and chuck in another Chariot, as Lizards will chew on Spearmen all day long. Alternatively, drop command on one unit of Spears and replace the Master with a Lvl 2 Sorceress with Sacrificial Dagger and Pearl of Infinite Bleakness. At 1000pts he's not likely to have a Slann (Don't even know if its possible to fit it in) so with her you'd dominate the Magic Phase. Alternatively, you could even fit in a Dreadlord with Crimson Death and Armour of Darkness for 190pts.

But hey, those are just suggestions and alternatives. Feel free to ignore them, I think the list looks great as it is.

·
Registered
148 Posts
A slann by itself cost 275 so you will not see one of these in a 1K game, in 1k games I tend to have a
30saurus warriors with an old blood and scar vet in there
2 units of 1 salamander hunting packs
10 skink skirmishers
maybe a skink priest depending on who I am going up against.

·
Registered
620 Posts
So yeah, with a Lvl 2 Sorceress it wouldn't be hard to dominate the magic phase at 1k against Lizards.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
To reply at the posts above, I've just played 2 games with a list like this but with a few changes in them. Both games went very good, one game versus OnG, I totally destroyed this player as he was quite new to the game but we still had a lot of fun. The second game I was versus Lizardmen. This game also went quite good, with a minor victory because I managed to blow up my general(Sorceress) in the last turn.

The list:

Heroes - 160

Sorceress, lvl2, Dark star cloak (+1PD every turn).

Core - 480

20 Warriors, FC, Shields. 155

20 Warriors, FC, Shields. 155

15 Repeater X bowmen, Shields, Musician. 170

Special - 185

Cold one Chariot.

5 Shades w AD hand weapons. 85

Rare - 175

War Hydra

1000 Points all together.

I really like this list, it brings movement (Shades) And alot of models (Warriors). It also has a very devastating magic phase in 1000 points, a dark elf sorceress is very strong in low point games now (Asfar as I have seen, haven't played so much games yet). And also a quite good combat phase as you have a war hydra and a cold one chariot. This list really excells in most phases, Movement, Shooting/Magic, and combat.

If I'd want to improve the list I could merge the 2 warrior units and make one of 30/35 models. You can then use the spare points to try stick in another shade unit, or anything really, maybe another magic item for your mage, or a magic banner for your warriors.(Armor piercing maybe?)

Greetz and thanks for the comments,
Xcross

1 - 6 of 6 Posts