Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So most of you have seen me "machine gun" posting all over the board with lists on how to battle TK, SK and Brets along with my own indecisiveness on a particular army.
Well ive finally decided and its Lizardmen.
With their balance of great magic in the slann, fast scouting (WE-esque) skinks, hard hitting kroxigors and interesting units like the salamanders along with the fact that they are a unique army and wont be re-done for awhile, Im fairly confident in my choice.

So here it is, my list.
Please tell what you think because im here to stay. Regards!

Heroes (206)

Saurus Scar-Veteran (JSOD)
Great Weapon
Shield
Light Armor
Charm of The Jaguar Warrior
Blessed Spawn of Sotek

Skink Priest
Diadem of Power

Core (214)

12 Skink Skirmishers w/ Javelins and Shields
12 Skink Skirmishers w/ Javelins and Shields
10 Skink Skirmishers
Scouts w/ Blowpipes

Special (348)
3 Kroxigor
3 Kroxigor

Rare (195)
3 Salamander Hunting Packs

Total – 1000 pts

The plan -
Skinks form a screen for the Kroxigors with the Salamanders on the flanks.
Priest helps the magic phase a bit.
JSOD goes warmachine or character hunting (should help with the SK and TK)
and the scouting unit of skinks try for a double tapping blow gun snipe at warmachine crews, characters or mages.
I plan on making use of the aquatic and scouts rule, deploying them in water terrain in my enemies deployment zone as a expendable annoying unit early in the game to mess with their battle plan.
Again - I play TK,SK and Brets.

Look forward to all your feedback!

·
479 Posts
a few things:
-because you don't have any solid block units to help with com. res., you'll have a hard time against the brets. if they get a charge off, you're screwed as they'll rip through your skinks and even your kroxigors.
-your low leadership with the skinks will have you fleeing plenty of times against the tomb kings. Plus the fact the large blocks of skeletons with rank bonus, banner, and outnumber will shred you. try to get a battle standard in there to help keep your skinks and kroxigors together.
- salmanders.....nice. These will help whittle down big blocks of units.

hope that helps;Y

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the comments.

How would you suggest i make changes though?

i can reduce the kroxigors to a single unit of 4, remove a unit of skinks, down the sallies to 2 and add a unit of saurus calvary.

What does the rest of the board think?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I think the list is pretty good as it stands. All those skinks will be a pain for the opponent. At 1k he won't have too many ranked units to worry about, and krox can do surprisingly well against ranked units, even if engaged to the front

1 - 7 of 7 Posts