Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have serious issues with picking a direction for my 'nids. Originally I wanted a very swarmy army, however after thinking about it the whole of my tactics would be "Rush forward. Eat." ...meh. As attractive as the idea of covering my deployment zone with models is, it doesn't seem particularly exciting to play. So I'm going for a bit more of a balanced approach now. I'm also going to try and do things the old fashioned way and build up from a starter army to something bigger (1000, honestly, is about as small as games get with my group.)

HQ:

Hive Tyrant
-Adrenal Glands
-Flesh Hooks
-Winged
-Scything Talons
-Scything Talons
-Warp Field
=185pts

Troops:

Genestealer Brood
-8x Genestealer
-Flesh Hooks
-Extended Carapace
=168pts

Genestealer Brood
-8x Genestealer
-Flesh Hooks
-Extended Carapace
=168pts

Gaunt Brood
-12x Termagaunt
=72pts

Ripper Swarm
-5x Ripper Base
-Leaping
=70pts

Heavy Support:

Zoanthrope Brood
-3x Zoanthrope
-Warp Blast
=165pts

Carnifex
-Enhanced Senses
-Extended Carapace
-Barbed Strangler
-Venom Cannon
=173pts

TOTAL = 1001 points

I'm running rather (very) light on synapse. Only the Termagaunts need it (and only the Ripper Swarm has any real use for it other than them) so it just doesn't seem to make sense to add more to my list. Spending the points to tie down the 140 or so points that would benefit from it seems inefficient.

What changes would people make? I (of course) think that this should be fairly solid, but I haven't played my 'nids much to really know for sure. Further, what would people add for 1500 or 2000 points?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts