Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,
I am a new player and i am thinking of selling my 1690 point Space Marine army to buy this one, some things to keep in mind, i will be playing against Orks, Tyranids, Chaos marines (possibly), Space Marines, and Tau(possibly). I would really appreciate some feedback, and just an FYI, i know i lack fast attack, which i am understanding is one of the Eldar's strong points. :)

i am also thinking of adding 500 points of sit and shoot imperial guard, if that helps you out any.

HQ:
Autarch
Swooping Hawk wings
Power Sword

Farseer
Eldritch Storm
Doom

Elites:
5 Wraithguard
Warlock

Troops:
10 Dire Avengers

10 Dire Avengers

5 Rangers
Pathfinders

Heavy Support:
Wraithlord
Wraithsword
Scatter Laser

Wraithlord
Wraithsword
Scatter Laser

TOTAL: 1000

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
There are alot of things to edit in the list.

Are you going to use that 500 pts of IG in addition to these 1000 pts of eldar? making 1500 pts?

if i were you id keep the marines.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The farseer has two powers but the ability to cast only one. I don't know your play style but just be aware that any time Storm is in range, Doom will also be in range and will almost always be a better choice. This is of course not true the case of Mech armies where turning vehicles around is game-changing.

IMO is you aren't using the Wraithlord to shoot tanks then spend as little on the suckers as possible. If you want a big gun at all take the Shuri Cannon. In fact, if you downgrade both Wraithlords to Shuri cannons that may be enough to get spirit stones for you farseer!

The Wraithguard are a tough unit but also a tough unit to use. I would think about swapping them out for something more flexible. You can actually trade them for a cheaper elite unit and get some anti-tank for the Wraithlords as this is what you are lacking.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the tips so far, but the reason i was getting away from space marines is because of the "lets sit here and soak bullets" approach, and no one that i know has eldar, or guard, so any staple unique units or strategies would be cool, and btw i was planning on using storm with the farseer, because i could use her with my wraithlords, use the lords as guards while i use storm to kill horde armies, (and mutter doom in a deep voice when i felt it necessary), and i could have the lords kill raveners and lictors and other such loners that would otherwise hurt my loner units. but im just a new player so i dont know

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Please do not post the points costs of unupgraded units, or of individual upgrades. This is against forum policy.

*Points Costs Removed*

Also it is appreciated when you break up your paragraphs into sentences, a little applied grammar goes a long way towards people being able to comfortably read your posts.

Thank You,
Alzer

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
thanks for the tips so far, but the reason i was getting away from space marines is because of the "lets sit here and soak bullets" approach, and no one that i know has eldar, or guard, so any staple unique units or strategies would be cool, and btw i was planning on using storm with the farseer, because i could use her with my wraithlords, use the lords as guards while i use storm to kill horde armies, (and mutter doom in a deep voice when i felt it necessary), and i could have the lords kill raveners and lictors and other such loners that would otherwise hurt my loner units. but im just a new player so i dont know
Read my Mech Eldar list building thread. It wil have everything you need there. It is where the "stickyed" threads are.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Eric pretty much summed it up. That thread is awesome and is the main driving force behind my Eldar army being worth a damn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.