Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play eldar, mainly the dark ones, and sometimes when Im hung over or tired, I wish i had a simpler army to play. I decided to take a look at the crons, because I heve the impression thet it is a real simple army to both play and play, and furthermore it might just be easier on my wallet than the pointy eared. Well, nuff talk, heres my list. Tear it down please.

HQ (200):

Necron Lord
+ Viel of Darkness
+ Resurrection Orb

--------------------

Elites (280):

10 Immortals (lord joins here)

--------------------

Troops (506):

14 Warriors

14 Warriors

Total: 986

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
First off, solid list!

I would split the warriors into 3 squads of 10, if it involves sacrificing a few immortals it is worth it as they are the core of your army.

I personally don't like VoD in conjunction with immortals, there are just too many set ups that can beat it IMO, I would replace them with 4 destroyers and 5 scarab bases.

That leaves you with enough points to make a 200 point lord kitted out how you please.

·
LO Zealot
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scarabs? I have never seen any, nor do I think that I can afford the kind of numbers I would need to in order to get CC effectiveness out of them. How do you like this list then?

HQ (200):

Necron Lord
+ Viel of Darkness
+ Resurrection Orb

--------------------

Troops (596):

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

13 Warriors (lord joins here)

--------------------

Fast Attack (200):

4 Destroyers

Total: 996

·
Registered
943 Posts
Awesome list, only thing I wwould change is make the warrior unit 3 units of 10, then have the lord with a warscythe instead of vod. Then split the destroyers into 3 units of three. So when you play you could have a triangle of warriors with the lord in the misddle and have the destroyers flank the enemy making solid anti troop anti tank mobility and durability, 1000 points of any army will have a lot of trouble killing 28 necrons with WBB and a res orb, good luck

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
If you're going to go with a list like that, the Necron Battleforce is a real bargain as you get 20 Warriors, some Scarab Swarms, and 4 Destroyers for much less than you would if buying them seperately. I like this list and I think it will serve you well. Just watch out for tooled-up Broodlords and Carnifexes at 1000 (these guys should not be allowed at 1000, IMHO).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts