Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ill be playing in a small warhammer tournament soon(1k points only)with my TK any thoughts on my list?

tomb prince
LA/SH
total=129

liche priest
heirophant
cloak of the dunes
total=135

liche priest
casket of souls:D
total=280

20 skeleton warriors
LA/SH/HW
FC
total=205

10 skeleton warriors
bows
total=80

tomb scorpion
total=85

screaming skull catapult
skulls of the foe
total=110

·
Registered
69 Posts
What's the Tomb Prince carrying to dish out hurt?

Also, you can't have Catapult AND Casket at 1000pts.

I'd lose the LP/Casket and use the 280 points elsewhere.

Chariots 120 to keep the opponent wary of flanking.

I like Swarms popping up in the backfield to attack warmachines, and archers....the more the merrier.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh shit:pforgot casket eats up a rare
i still want 2 liche priests though
what bout this?
TP
CoS
SH/LA

LP
heirophant
CotD

LP

20 skeleton warriors
HW/SH/LA
FC

10 skeleton warriors
bows

3 swarms

1 scorpion

catapult /w SotF

·
High Priest of LO
1,928 Posts
Well first of all, post this kind of posts in the TK Army Lists forum - Thank you :)

I will comment the updated list, if it's ok?

Tomb Prince - This hero has three wounds. Protecting him is not anything to give priority to :) Our AS is crap and will not get that much better with the help from a shield. If you're able to do this, swap the shield for a GW. In addition, I'm not a big fan of CoS on princes... Vambraces of the Sun will help you enough in a 1k game since it won't hurt you at all ;)

Liche Priests - Good here :) Make sure to protect your Hierophant at all costs!

Skeleton Warriors - Why pay extra points for Light armour? Spend these points somewhere else, or in the same unit to increase the number of soldiers. Use Bowmen ;)

Skeleton Bowmen - Depending on your plans with this unit, it is either good or bad. Do you plan to play them cowardly, avoiding combats? Then this is good! Do you have plans for them to assisst the other units from the flank etc? Then you should field them in bigger units!

Tomb Swarms - Make sure you have a use for all your units! What's the point with these? :p You could spend points on useful Special Units instead. What about a second Scorp? Then you'll have 50 (!) points to spend wherever you like! :sinister:

Tomb Scorpion - No comments...

Screaming Skull Catapult - Very good! :dance:

//Nagash

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skeleton warriors=well since the 20x skeletons are gonna be my only fighting unit more than a few models(TS,swarm,chariots etc.)i dont want them to be destroyed by missilefire on the way,anyway its only 20points:p
tomb prince=i honestly only gave the tp a shield was cause my cousin is quitting the game and he gave me his tk stuff(battalion+tp+lp)and its painted a lot better than mine:pi was thinking of removing the shield from the model and making it look like hes holding a GW
2nd scorpion=the tournament is on the 28th and i dont have a second scorpion so i doubt i could get 1 in by then:(
archers=they move up with the unit for flanking,gave them bows so they can soften up(as much as bows can:D)the target unit

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Skellie warriors are not a fighting unit. WS2 S3? Good luck trying to take on those chaos troops :p

Skellies main role is to act as a tarpit unit, bogging down the enemy and beating them with numbers. Here is where skellie bowmen become great. You can chip away at enemy units rank bonus as they advance, to help you out when thye hit you in combat (once your bowmen have reformed into a 5 wide 4+ deep fighting block). Music and Standard can be useful for winning combats, and a Prince in a unit can help dish out some pain or take on challenges. Also note, a Prince in a bow unit can use his MWBD early game to pile on the magic pressure, whereas in a HW/S unit, he is pretty much useless.

2 Priests are almost a must, so good there.

Even if you cant get another Scorp, drop the swarms down to 2 strong and put the extra points to get.. something else. 3 Chariots may be nice?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i meant theyll lose there SCR if there rankjs get depleted
----------
skellies will lose most of their SCR if they get killed on the way and get there ranks depleted
if i drop a swarm ill only have 45 point left what do i do with that?

·
7,143 Posts
A 5+ save isnt that great for protection from most missiles unfortunately... And in combat its even worse lol.

Dropping a single swarm wont help alone, youll need to o some re-jigging if you want any major changed. Playtest with what you have and see what youd like :)

·
7,143 Posts
20 pts, for 20 guys right? Thats 20 bows per turn you're losing, and if you want the decent number of 25 guys (if you lose just 1 from 20 then there goes a whole rank...) then its actually 25pts :p lol.

Still, they aren't a totally obsolete choice :) Stick with 'em.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kk how bout i change the army list a little to this?
TP
CoS
GW

LP
heiro
CotD

LP

18 skeletons /w bows

1 swarm

2x3chariots

tomb scorpion

ssc /w SotF

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's actually a really good, solid list @ 1k IMHO.

So long as you can hold back one of your chariot units to make a flank attack on anything that fancies a bit of your archers, you should do pretty well with this list methinks. :)

·
7,143 Posts
Yeah, thats pretty nice :) Could possibly drop the Collar, as i think Nagash said already, the Prince pretty much protects himself at low pts levels, and use the pts to get a few more skellies, or music or something. Now im just being picky :p lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts