Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a army i put together from the models i had, for a 1000pt campaign im doin with some friends. I can't change to much, but im buying more marines i think soon, and more obliterators. Im goin for a iron warrior theme with like 5 oblites in 1500pts and a basilisk. So any advice should take iron warrior restrictions into account.

HQ
Chaos Lieutenant- Darkblase, bolt pistol, melta bombs, Mark of chaos undivided
Daemonic flight, daemonic mutations 117

Elites
obliterator 70

8 possessed marines- talons Mark Of Chaos Undivided 224

Troops
8marines- bolt pistols, ccw mocud,2 plasma pistols, AC- power fist 168

6 marines- lascannon, plasma gun, bolters 109

Heavy Support
Dreadnaught- Twin-linked Autocannons, mutated hull, Daemonic possession 160

6 havos(will be 8 )- 4 heavy bolters , Mocud 150

total- 998

thanks now for advice.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
My advice would be to post it in the armylist section.;)
A mod will proberly move it there soon, so I'll say a couple of things before...

Your Lt will need an Aura more then flight I reckon. Have him...
a ) hidden in a unit
or
b) with infiltrate and speed

The solo Obliterator is quite vulnerable and You might consider dropping him or get more to make the unit durable.

The Possessed are quite expensive for a footslogging unit in a 1000pts game, I would recommend another CSM-unit, infiltrating with powerfist wielding champ. If you intend on having these guys as a counter assault unit you could have plasmaguns, but I think meltas are superior in this unit.

The 8 man squad should infiltrate and the plasma pistols should be exchanged for meltas.

Drop the plasma and one guy from the second squad and keep them back, out of range for the enemy bolters and stuff

The Dread looks good though I never used the AC.
The Havocs are also good.
You could however use the Possessed points on another havocsquad with four plasmas for some great AP weaponary, infiltrate is mandatory on this unit.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Here's a list:

HQ
  • Lieutenant - frags, bolt pistol, dark blade, daemonic speed, daemonic strength, furious charge 112

Elites
  • Obliterator 70
  • Obliterator 70
  • Obliterator 70

Troops
  • 12 CSM - MoCU, 2 flamers, 10 bolt pistols 255
    • 1 Aspiring Champion - MoCU, bolt pistol, powerfist, daemonic mutation, spiky bits [63]
  • 9 CSM - MoCU, heavy bolter, plasmagun, 7 bolters 193
    • 1 Aspiring Champion - MoCU, bolt pistol, powerfist [43]
  • 6 CSM - MoCU, lascannon, 5 bolters 105

Heavy Support
  • Basilisk - indirect fire 125

The lieutenant just moves with the marines, he's going to get the charge with d.speed, and he has S8 on the charge. I've kept him cheap because he isn't a scoring unit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that advice its really gave me ideas of what to get next for my army.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts