Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright you guys, I got some really good tips on my last armylist so I made some huge changes. So do you guys think this is gonna work?

Traits: Blessed be the warriors, see but don´t be seen
Drawbacks: Eye to eye, we stand alone

HQ
Reclusiarch
Crozius arcanum
Rosius
Bolt pistol
Frags
Terminator honors
Jump pack
122 pt

Elites
Assault squad ( 9 )
Jump backs
frags
Sgt.w/ termH. Powerfist,combat shield
Flamer
Furious assault
266 pt

Dreadnaught
DROP POD
Assault cannon
Heavy flamer
Extra armor
150 pt

Troops
Tactical squad ( 6 )
Plasma cannon
Infiltrate
128 pt

Tactical squad ( 6 )
Plasma cannon
Infiltrate
128 pt

Heavy support
Devestator squad ( 8 )
4 Missle launchers
Infiltrate
204 pt

Total 998

*the list has been edited to this state after the 1st comment*

So the plan is to get the tactical squads and the devestators to infiltrate and to get into good firing positions and pin the enemy down. Then drop the dreadnaught forward enough to make good use of his assault cannon and flamer. The assault squad led by the chaplain then goes up the flank and try to box my opponent in, possibly with the help of the dreadnaught.

Tanks:
the dread with his 4x shot "rending" assault cannon so any roll of a 6 should tear up any vehicle. The 4 ML in the infiltrating devestator squad should also be able to take down a tank. the tactical squads might also be able to take out light vehicles with their Plasma cannons

Swarms:
the dread again with his assault cannon and heavy flamer should be able to take care of them. The Devestator squad of course has their 4 ML and the tactical marines have plasma cannons. The assault marines also have a flamer.

Alright guys tell me if it´s coming along or if there is something I need to worry about other than rolling lots of 1´s ;)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
First of all, this belongs in the Army List forum.

Ok dude, drop meltabombs on all of the assault marines and make the drednought non-venerable with an assault cannon and CCW, and give it a drop pod. You have a total of 20 pts saved.

For the tactical squads, I would just make them 5 men each with a plasma cannon. They're 110 pts each. Now you've got 46 pts saved. Spend 20 of those points to give the devastator squad another missile launcher, and another 15 to give the chaplain terminator honours. You might want to give the drop-podding dread a heavy flamer to help against hoardes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Alright, first I wasn´t sure why you wanted some of those changes but after some thinking I did most things you suggested:

Traits:
removed die standing
added we stand alone

Chaplain:
add termie honor

Assault squad:
removed melta bombs
removed plasma pistol (I REALLY needed the points to modify the Chap.)

Dreadnaught:
removed missle launchers
removed veteran
removed tank hunter
added heavy flamer
added drop pod

Tactical squads:
removed heavy bolter
removed plasmagun
added plasma cannon

Devestators:
added missile launcher

I didn´t want to drop my tactical squads down to 5 man groups since I think that´s just too few guys. But thanks for the advice I really like the idea of a dread in a drop pod. You didn´t really explain any of the changes but after like 5min of wondering what these changes might do I realized they were pretty good ideas.

Alright guys keep on commenting

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
In your first list, a lot of the point values were off. So you're going to have to drop some stuff.

I would just make the army like this:

HQ
Reclusiarch, bolt pistol, jump pack, frags, terminator honours, 122 pts

(Now he gets 6 attacks on the charge, you should ideally make HQs as combat-oriented as possible)

ELITES
Assault squad x9, 2x plasma pistol, veteran sergeant w/ powerfist, 268 pts
Venerable Dreadnought, TLLC, ML, extra armour, tank hunter, 170 pts

TROOPS
Tactical squad x5, Plasma cannon, infiltrate, 110 pts
Tactical squad x5, Plasma cannon, infiltrate, 110 pts

FAST ATTACK
none

HEAVY SUPPORT
Devastator squad x8, 4x missile launchers, 200 pts

ARMY TOTAL: 980 pts

You've got 20 pts left, maybe add an extra marine somewhere.

·
Registered
648 Posts
hey its u again.XP.

It loosk better now, just a couple of things in points.

You put down the assault squad as elites when they really are fast attack, even when the chaplain is equipped to them.
Consider meltabombs instead of frags for tank hunting. Frags are only good if you see a lot of bunkers on their side of the playing field. but if u see no tanks drop all grenade like stuff.

Your army is quite good at getting close and causing havoc up closer and an assault squad with chaplain is the scariest thing so it will draw lots of fire so careful how u move these guys. Other than that it looks good.....just change your plans according to opponents.

if u ever make your army bigger make sure you have 2 -6 man tactical squads to cover the plasma cannons squads and add covering fire. and assault termis can assist the dreadnought if it gets stuck in assault behind enemy lines too early for your assault squad to get up there.

happy gaming. name your chapter too. something to do with ghosts I tihnk.....I considered it since most of my army infiltrates/deep strikes into combat

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the assault squad has Furious assault from the "blessed be the warriors" trait and that makes them a elite choice ;)

Yeah I guess I could drop the chaplains frags but the assault squad gets it for free so I just gave him some as well since it´s only 1 point. I wanna give the assault squad some meltabombs but I don´t have the points for it. They´ll get some when I expand the list to 1500pt

But yeah with the name, I had no idea what to call them. I had decided I wanted to paint them like kinda dirty white (bleached bone with maybe some watered down black ink) and dark purple robes. So something to do with ghosts is very appropriate.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions man (and on the first post as well)

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Tip of the day! list to ezek.

Melta bombs are a bad choice for any unit. I honestly cant think of a space marine regiment that could benifet from them. Assault squads are ment for CC with infantry, or anything that doesnt have an AV. This because they can stay out of enemy shooting, once in CC (generally speaking) And as a space marine, you dominate 95% of the squads out there, in man to man combat. (although if your out numbered 4 to 1, things start getting tricking.) If you asasult a tank, even if you kill it, your men are left explosed to ruthless enemy shooting.

Id remove the infiltrate on the tactical squads, making them 6 man each would be far better then having infiltrate. With the points you save, you can upgrade 1 plasma gun for each of those squads, in edition to 1 man per squad. Piece.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ezekiel1990 said:
For the tactical squads, I would just make them 5 men each with a plasma cannon. They're 110 pts each. Now you've got 46 pts saved. Spend 20 of those points to give the devastator squad another missile launcher, and another 15 to give the chaplain terminator honours. You might want to give the drop-podding dread a heavy flamer to help against hoardes.
No doubt, I'd still go with six man shooty squads. If you're playing for VP's, it'll work out better. If you take 3 casualties in a squad with 5, you'll be below 50%, if you take 3 casualties with 6, you won't be. Even numbers work better when playing for VP's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well these are things I´ve already done to my list but like you also commented on I decided to have 6 guys rather than 5 for the abovementioned reasons

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.