Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I´m new here and I decided to post my armylist and have you guys comment on it before I go out and buy all this stuff. I haven´t been playing for a LONG time but I´ve done a little bit of modelling and painting for a while. So here it comes

Traits: Take the fight to them, no mercy no respite
Drawbacks: Eye to eye

Captain
Lightningclaw pair
Combat shield
Frags
Melta bombs
106 pts

Command squad ( 8 )
Company champion (power weapon,combat shield, BP)
Sgt. Term.Hon pow.fist
Apothecary
Furious charge
Frags
BP&CCW
240 pts

DH Inquisitor (psycannon)
Sage
Sage
Gun servitor (plasma cannon)
Warrior (grenade Launcher)
Warrior (grenade Launcher)
Acolyte (stormbolter)
178 pts

Dreadnaught
Lascannon
Missle launchers
135 pts

Tactical squad ( 8 )
BP&CCW
Frags
Sgt.w/ termie honors and Power weapon
Furious assault
177 pts

Tactical squad ( 7 )
BP&CCW
Frags
Sgt.w/ termie honors and Power weapon
Flamer
Furious assault
164 pts

Total 1000

The plan is basically to let the Tac.teams and Com.squad go forward to get into CC while the shooty inquisitor and his band of badboys plus the dreadnaught give them coverfire. The dread and the captain should be able to take out vehicles and swarms shouldn´t be too hard plus I threw in a flamer.

I´m wondering if I need infiltrate or if my guys should be OK. I kinda want to model the inquisitor so I really don´t wanna drop him but it´s ok to modify him and his henchmen

I´m all ears boys now lay in on me straight

·
Registered
648 Posts
I don't know if u can have a combat shield and two pairs of lightning claws at the same time but for an even better effect just take an iron halo 4+ invulnerable save instead of the shield.

Since your army needs to get to the enemy maybe think of some rhinos/landraider for the marines because footslogging sucks unless you got assault marines *tears* (the pride and joy of my army) the tanks also do well to screen your troops from fire.
or can infiltrate. (be careful what army u use this trait against, anything that can outdo u in close combat could leave u screwd)

u lack tank killing weapons.....and powerfists only work against tanks if u can get real close...tougher than it sounds if you have to cut through a lot of meatshields. A devestator squad of 4 rockets should do the trick fro both tanks and lightly armored troops.

U really don't need two HQS in such a small army so the the devestators should replace the Inquistor in some games but if u really want him in drop the command squad and the captain for maybe some assault terminators.*they still have lightning claws for u*

your tactical CC squads should be always 10 man in close combat, marines do rely on #s to win too. U may need a bolter squad (unless you have that inquisitor squad for covering fire) for each CC to lay down covering fire, your dreadnought seems more suited for tank hunting instead of troop killing. *give it tank hunters too and extra armor*

your inquisitor squadron seems weak as a firing support so replace the warriors with servitors sporting heavy bolters instead. now you're throwing 6 S5 shots, 3 psycannon rounds, and a plasma cannon for heavy stuff *take the plasma cannon out and replace with maybe another heavy bolter servitor if u dont see too much heavy armored units*
thats a possible 9 casualties against any army with at most 4+ armor. which is bascially everything but Space marines, the chaos, and the necrons.

Reactions: Ezekiel1990

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hummm

you make a lot of good points, I decided to do so many changes to the list that I just posted it as a new army list.

thanks a lot for your help man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts