-Vet. Superior with Book
-Heavy Flamer
-Rhino with Smoke Launchers and Extra Armour

Exorcist - 140
-Extra Armour

Exorcist - 140
-Extra Armour

998 all up!

Standard tactic: Canoness hangs behind rhinos/cover, tarpits assault units to hold them up. Rhinos charge forward 12", pop smoke. Exorcist rain down fire. Next turn rhinos move 6", unload and shoot up enemy units. Pull apart enemy piece by piece. Consolidate over into objectives.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Fantastic, though my only concern is with the cannoness. Don't get me wrong, I love a jump cannoness, however, merely a S3 power weapon concerns me as the boosted Str from an Evis or BW really makes her shine, though I can't really see anyway to fit it into the list. What I would do in this case is drop the bolt pistol and the extra armor on the Exo's and give your Cannoness frags and a Brazier while adding searchlights to your Exos. This will put you at 1k even and give your Cannoness the ability to hunt a bothersome unit in cover and give your Exos something to do in the first round of a DoW game (assuming you go second), which is a really fun thing to do. Note that the Brazier still counts as an extra CCW and she can use Divine Guidance with it, which will let her do quite a bit of damage to those pesky marines in cover because the frags will also let you strike at initiative. Just remember, she will be devouring faith, so try not to waste any =P

·
3,395 Posts
...the boosted Str from an Evis or BW really makes her shine, though I can't really see anyway to fit it into the list.
Drop EA on exorcists, swap the lone heavy flamer for a meltagun, and the bolt pistol from the canoness - that'll do it. The evis works out a little cheaper on the faith than the BW at at least gives a shot at dreadnoughts.

Let us know how you do :p

·
(Un)Official LO Map Maker
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hang on, (and yeah, you guys picked up on that I was running low on points when I was figuring her out) so I'm going:

Canoness - 115
-Jump Pack
-Cloak
-Book
-Eviscerator

10 Sisters - 209
-Vet with book
-H. Flamer
-Meltagun
-Rhino with EA and Smoke

10 Sisters - 209
-Vet with book
-H. Flamer
-Meltagun
-Rhino with EA and Smoke

10 Sisters - 197
-Vet with book
-Meltagun
-Rhino with EA and Smoke

Exorcist - 135

Exorcist - 135

1000 all up. I personally prefer having the heavy flamer in squads, as I have terrible, terrible luck with meltaguns (the number of times it's come up a "2" to hit is astounding) and I usually play 'nids. But I'll settle for the melta if my flying nun can have an eviscerator.
4 S6/8+2D6 AP attacks with a 2+ invulnerable. Sounds good to me.

Well, if this is what I'm playing with, you'll have to excuse me as I've got some models that need ordering. And I'll post how I do when it's finished (Jan 16 is finals) and maybe get a discussion going on how we compare to the updated dex's out there. Hope I win.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Drop EA on exorcists, swap the lone heavy flamer for a meltagun, and the bolt pistol from the canoness - that'll do it. The evis works out a little cheaper on the faith than the BW at at least gives a shot at dreadnoughts.

Let us know how you do :p
I missed the lack to dual weapons in that one squad xD That works out well then =P

Sisters can keep up with a lot of armies out there, because we only got better in 5th, though we're slowly falling to codex creep, which is the real shame. Good luck =D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Great army, I'm just worried that you might run into some trouble in Ahnnihilation missions against smaller, more elite style armies, such as Thousand Sons for instance. You're giving away nine kill points, five of them tanks, and your infantry, whilst some of the best I have ever had the misfortune to cross, still rather fragile even with power armour and rely on getting up close. Then again, since you are using Dawn of War deployment your Exorcists should be able to rain merry hell (or heaven in their case) on any army coming in and your flamers will take down tightly packed infantry entering play on turn 2. Just some thoughts...
May the emperor smile upon your psycopathic nuns.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Vehicles don't offer any Kill Points, so there's only four. Three for the Battle Squads and one for the Cannoness.

·
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
such as Thousand Sons for instance.
Bahaha! You dick! Well, you ARE the only one who's ever beaten me. Damn you and your re-checking of the rules :p Ready for conflict? We have to meet up next week with the others, I've got to see how your painting's going and get everyone else up to speed on some stuff.

I wish. Vehicles offer kill points. You recieve a kill point for every "enemy unit" destroyed. Dedicated transports also give a kill point. My rhinos are the three easy give-away points in my army sadly, but if they die I just hit back hard with close-range bolters and some exo missiles.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah, I checked the rules last night and realised the mistake, soz. As for being ready I've painted a grand total of one and a half thousand sons along with pluging my Vindicator full of green stuff and adding some spikes (if it's got spikes it's chaosy).

·
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You've got a total of 1 tank and 19 guys is it? I've got 1/2 a tank to do and 31 sisters all up (4 finished entirely). I'm not going to finish this... Unless we get liam, luke on board and do a 24 hour group painting session of doom(!)? Just an idea. But it'll be worth all this pain if I get best painted army in tournament. Here's hoping! Put up photos of your work when you're done, then you can get some advice from ze uders here.

Wow, not even talking about this anymore... sorry to AT and ikbuh for the reminders. Unsub?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts