Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here is my first army list: comments and crits welcome
oh and thanks to those that wrote the woodelf tactica - really helpfull guide!

Noble
bow of loren
briarsheath
shield
hand weapon

Spell singer
dispel scroll

Core:
10 Glade Fuard
musician

10 Glade Fuard
musician

6 Glade Riders
musician 9

Dryads 8
branch nymph

Dryads 8
branch nymph

Special
Warhawk Riders 3

total 987

·
4,361 Posts
Looks like a good first army list. I would make the following comments.

At 1K I don't think you really need the mage unless you are playing against magic happy opponents. Most armies at 1k don't worry about taking magic that I have experienced.

I like WarHawk Riders more than alot of people it seems, but I think they are a little to expensive to take at this point level. I would use the points for some wardancers personally or try to work in a unit of Wild Riders. I would drop the branch nymphs also, to get points for more WD or WR.

Using my quick math skills, which are really suspect most of the time, I think if you drop the spell singer, the 2 branch nymphs, and the warhawk riders, you can get 7 wardancers with a bladesinger, and 6 wild riders which I think would improve your chances.

There is my opinion for what it's worth.
Good Luck.

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
I think you need a little more punch in combat. I would recommend dropping the Glade Riders to 5 and dropping the Warhawks for Wildriders.

This will give you a strength 5 combat unit that can make all the difference. The Bow of Loren bare on a noble isn't the worst idea but the Hail of Doom Arrows at 1000pts can be devastating.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Revised list 1.1
Noble
Hail of Doom arrow
briarsheath
shield
hand weapon

Spell singer
dispel scroll

Core:
10 Glade Guard
musician

10 Glade Guard
musician

5 Glade Riders
musician
Horsemaster

Dryads 8
branch nymph

Dryads 8
branch nymph

5 Wild Riders
musician
Wild Hunter

total 1995

Well I lost the warhawks and added the wild riders, I also fitted in a hormaster for the gladriders. The Bow has been swapped out for the arrow of Doom - though I think practice will be needed with this arrow to ensure that it is not wasted on an inproper target.
Also, taking into consideration the other points raised, I am considering changing the spellsinger for a branchwraith - with cluster radients - who will join up with one of the dryad squads - is this a wise move?

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
At 1000pts the Branchwraith tends to be enough magic defence and also provides a nice combat character.

With the Horsemaster for your glade riders they tend to be a bad idea, they can get challenged and make a "Bait and flee" unit even more expensive than it needs to be. Have you thought about a Standard for the Wildriders?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well cutting out the spellsinger and adding a branchwraith with cluster radiants and cutting out the horsemaster leaves me with 34 points - not enough for a banner bearer in the wild riders plus some spare points. Now if I cut the branch nymph from the dryad squad not joining with the Branchwraith I have enough points to add a magical standard to the banner as well.
However by now I am only 4 points off 50 - which gives me the great temptation to leave the wild riders without a standard and scrounge up 4 points to get a great eagle --- am I being mad to do this?

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
Eagles are good.

Either way you go, you wont be disappointed.

Do you plan on your noble running solo? If not, then you can drop the briarsheath.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about this then:

Noble (with glade guard)
Hail of Doom arrow
Enchanted Shield
shield
hand weapon

Branchwraith (with dryads)
cluster radiants

Core:
10 Glade Guard
musician

10 Glade Guard
musician

5 Glade Riders
musician

Dryads 8 (with branchwraith)
branch nymph

Dryads 8

5 Wild Riders
musician
Wild Hunter

Great eagle

total 999

·
4,361 Posts
I think your noble is overpriced. For what you have listed I think it should be 115 pts. You should have 12 pts left for another dryad or GG.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm *checks price*
price for listed should be 121
however - the sheild (basic) needs to go as it has the enchanted shield
and as he is taking a shield, he has no need for a second hand weapon - so that goes as well (mistake I have been making since the start)
resulting in a price of 115!

That will teach me not to write army lists at 2 in the morning!

well with the spare points, I will put back the branch numph into the other dryad group

Thanks sirkently

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.