Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the description says im new to the iron warriors but not new to the game. im trying them out but useing dark angels as standins to see if i like them if i do ill invest in some :D

here goes
chaos lord/DA tech marien
Servo arm
kia gun
deamonic streanght
deamonic resilience
deamonic armour

4 chosen terminators
reaper auto cannon
combi bolters

1 oblitarator/ cyclone termy

CM squad 1
6 mariens
CC weapons
flamer
lascannon

CM squad 2
6 mariens
bolters
plasma gun
missle launcher

preditor
auto cannon
lascannon sponsons
mutated hull

vindicator

basalisk/rhino(i know but it all i have)
indirect fire

my opponant is using chaos nurgel mariens

any tips, hints, help is apricated
and thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
For 1,000 pts, I'd use a Lieutenant rather than a Lord, give him a power weapon of some sort, maybe a lightning claw, and drop the Daemonic Armour and maybe Resilience too. Personally I think the servo-arm is way too expensve for what it does so I never use it, but that's up to you.

Terminators are good, expand them to 6 (with 2 Reapers) or larget battles.

Obliterators rock! You'll want more than just one.

The troops squads are too small IMO, I'd use 9 man squads rather than just 6.

I'd give the predator a twin-lascannon in the turret to make it completely anti-tank, but this is a personal preference.

Now the Vindicator and Basilisk are both good, but I wouldn't use them both in such a small game. I think the Vindicator would be the best choice in small games, give it a Mutated Hull and you got yourself one scary tank!

I hope that helped :) . You could check out my own Iron Warriors lists in this forum for more ideas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with the help supplied from above heres the revised list

chaos lieutenant 135
lightning claw
deamon armour (hey i like the ider of a 2+save
servo arm
combi melta
bionics

chosen terminators 256
6 terminators
4 with combi bolters
2 with reapers
power weapons

3 oblitarators 210

8 chaos mariens 122
cc weapons
plasma gun

8 chaos mariens 122
bolters
missile launcher

vindicator 150
mutated hull

total 1000

is this any better ive lost the pred but gained 2 more oblitarators(ive just gotta find some modles now to reprisent them now :blink:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the army did well but i still lost due to the squad with bolters not killing a pred for the entie game and were slowly wiped out.

the vindicator was the bane of his army untill his deamon prince got close.

the funny thing was he was expecting 4 heavy supports so he kitted out with tank killing gear and i only took the 1 :lol:
he dident expect 3 oblitarators

all in all i enjoyed the game which matters and ill be slowly starting iron warriors after my hols

·
Registered
23 Posts
i played the beardiest 1000 pts iron warriors army recently. im not to sure on the details(what the prince had) but i know what was in it

Daemon Prince

Dreadnought

6 (!) Obliterators

2 x 5 man bod squads

lets just say the mighty warriors of Fenris died in a burny plasma painful death
:lol:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hmm, I usually field 6 Obliterators myself, but that's in battles of 2000 pts and over. I hate it when ppl minimize on troops like that, especially if they play IW because that gives the rest of us a bad name.

·
850 Posts
[/QUOTE] my opponant is using chaos nurgel mariens

For your opponent what type of army list does he have? For nurgle(as a semi-good player for them) I learned that alot of people go for transports, powerfists, power weapons(for asp. champs), and sometimes they give the lord the manreaper to hack the living crud out of weak troops in one CC phase. Your list sounds goodto start out w/ but also do quick research on the nurgle b/c of the nurgle's toughness, so alot can servive auto weapons(reapear autocannon>AP 4; heavy bolter, etc.) you might want to use more heavy weapons and blast weapons while having good CCW capabilities so that they can withstand a chance of nurgle assault! That is just my opinion, it is just some advice of how to beat the GOD OF DECAY!

-------------
"I am the Traveller of Nurgle
I am the Herald of Nurgle
I am the Host of the Destroyer Hive
Fear the God of Decay
Let him bring disease and rot to all that appose him
Death to the False Emperor
LET THE GALAXY BURN AND DECAY!
HAIL TO THE GOD OF NURGLE!"

·
Registered
60 Posts
u should drop the lords servo arm and combi give em another klaw. give the shooty squad 2 plas and the assault squad 2 plas pists. and for pertuarabo's sake, get that bass back and combine it with something like a defugler or the vindi. and dont forget, oblits should be seen as support troops rather than an army of their own (except when im using 9 in my 2000 list :D )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.