Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! It's been a little while since I've posted here. I've put together what I consider to be a decent list for Necrons. I tend to fight troop-heavy Space Wolves, tank-heavy Eldar, and balanced Demons more often than not as my friends and I play casually.

I'm open to any suggestions for my list. I feel as though I've tackled troop mobility, melee and elite-hunting fairly well, though I'm still feeling the need for more Wraiths (what can I say... LOVE 'EM!) The casters on the Wraiths were added to fill up extra points that I couldn't find another use for.

-----

Destroyer Lord
- Warscythe, Sempiternal Weave, Mindshackle Scarabs

Necron Warriors x 10
- Ghost Arc

Necron Warrios x 10
- Ghost Arc

Canoptek Wraiths x 3
- Whip Coils, Particle Casters

Annihilation Barge
- TL Tesla Destructor, Tesla Cannon (Switched for Gauss Cannon against MEQs)

Annihilation Barge
- TL Tesla Destructor, Tesla Cannon (Switched for Gauss Cannon against MEQs)

Total Points = 995

-----

The idea is the have the Warriors take objectives with Arc support. The Destroyer Lord would travel with the Wraiths and go tank/elite hunting. Lastly, the Barges would take out oncoming threats against the Warrior defense and assist the HQ/Wraith pack from range, should the need arise.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Its a solid starter list for 1000 points. There is not really anything I would change at this point although dropping a coil and maybe the Particle Casters for fourth Wraith is something you might want to consider. Still, I'd take a shot with this list first and see if you feel the Wraith squad needs more models after that.

Reactions: SeanEricRiordan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the input :)

I've been questioning the idea of Triarch Stalkers for this list, as well. Although my initial response to the unit is that they'll be too pricey for this level, I feel as though they would make a great addition to the army at the 1250 or 1500 point level.

I've done some research on Stalkers, but I'm curious to see how you think they would relate to this list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts