Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, Space marines look really good to me but to tell the truth I kinda like the Tau even more. The new codex is coming out and that´s good and all but even before that those simpsons fingered aliens looked pretty damn good. Well now for my list:

shas´el XV8
plasma rifle
fusion blaster
multi tracker
HW drone controller
2 shield drones
HW blacksun filter

shas´ui XV8 team leader
TL plasma rifle
missle pod
HW multi tracker

shas´ui XV8
plasma rifle
fusion blaster
multi tracker

12 fire warriors
6 PR/ 6 PC
shas´ui
marker light

12 fire warriors
6 PR/ 6 PC
shas´ui
marker light (heard that they will get better in the new codex)

Hammer head
rail gun
smart missle system
multi tracker
Decoy launchers
target lock

Hammer head
rail gun
smart missle system
multi tracker
Decoy launchers

8 gun drones

------
Alright I just wanted to point out that each of the XV8 is going solo so no groups of them

Is it cheesy to use two hammer heads? I´m not a big fan of the broadsides and kinda wanted to field the hammer heads instead.

Well the plan is to keep everything moving except for the fire warriors that will move when they are able to and thus have quite a lot of carbines as to get good decent range when they´ll have to move and also to be more likely of pinning and enemy squads coming their way.

You guys think this will work?

Please comment on this as I´m new to the whole "greater good" thing ;)

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Lightningclaws said:
Alright guys, Space marines look really good to me but to tell the truth I kinda like the Tau even more. The new codex is coming out and that´s good and all but even before that those simpsons fingered aliens looked pretty damn good. Well now for my list:

shas´el XV8
plasma rifle
fusion blaster
multi tracker
HW drone controller
2 shield drones
HW blacksun filter
Lose the drones and and the filter use the gun drone squad to protect him instead. dont attach them to the Shas just use them in a circular formation around him and bingo immune to shooting and assault, otherwise he is fine but you could use the points saved on the shield drones and filter to upgrade him to Shas'O (that BS5 is nice)

Lightningclaws said:
shas´ui XV8 team leader
TL plasma rifle
missle pod
HW multi tracker

shas´ui XV8
plasma rifle
fusion blaster
multi tracker
Good choice for a 1000pt list nice balance of weapons fits which makes for versatile XV8's

Lightningclaws said:
12 fire warriors
6 PR/ 6 PC
shas´ui
marker light

12 fire warriors
6 PR/ 6 PC
shas´ui
marker light (heard that they will get better in the new codex)
Yeah the ML are getting better, mainly because the ML can reduce LDS which will make pulse carbines more usefull.

Lightningclaws said:
Hammer head
rail gun
smart missle system
multi tracker
Decoy launchers
target lock

Hammer head
rail gun
smart missle system
multi tracker
Decoy launchers

8 gun drones
Hammerheads are good, SMS is a good choice in 1000pts because opponents armour is usually limited so the need for keeping distance between the HH and the oppponent is reduced, which means the SMS can be brought to bear on units, good choice. Drone squad as above use with the Shas or as an harrasment unit

------
Lightningclaws said:
Alright I just wanted to point out that each of the XV8 is going solo so no groups of them

Is it cheesy to use two hammer heads? I´m not a big fan of the broadsides and kinda wanted to field the hammer heads instead.

Well the plan is to keep everything moving except for the fire warriors that will move when they are able to and thus have quite a lot of carbines as to get good decent range when they´ll have to move and also to be more likely of pinning and enemy squads coming their way.

You guys think this will work?

Please comment on this as I´m new to the whole "greater good" thing ;)
Good solid list with the minor tweaks I advise you will have a hard hitting mobile force, use the drones as advised (there are a few threads on this subject).
No two HH is not cheesy, Marines for instance can take preds,dreads and vindicators and no one calls them cheesy, go with it HH are awesome and Broadsides are pretty much useless in 1000pts because of the lack of armour, the submunittion option is much more usefull.
Cant see any reason why the list wont work and like you said the ML will be much more usefull with the new codex and hence Pulse carbines will see a resurgence in popularity.
Try a 1500pt and 2000pt I would be interested to see how they look based on this decent effort.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow thanks a lot for the thorough commenting on the list man.

Yeah dropping the sheild drones and the filter to make him a Shas´o sounds like a pretty good idea. The filter was pretty much only there because I had like 3 pt to spare.

Man I was thinking my list is gonna get torn to pieces but now I just can´t wait to get my hands on the models so I can get them ready for action.

I think I´ll wait for the new codex before I expand on the list I´ve got since they´re bound to have some new speciality squads I´m gonna wanna check out.

But thanks so much for your help man

Reactions: Rikimaru
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.