Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1000pt. Daemonhunters Army list is:

HQ:
Grey Knight Grand Master with Hammerhand 293 pt.
- 3 Terminator Retinue (NFW and storm bolter)

TROOPS:
6 Grey Knights (including Justicar) 200 pt.

6 Grey Knights (including Justicar) 200 pt.

FAST ATTACK:
5 Grey Knights (including Justicar) 170 pt.
- 1 incinerators

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Grey Knight Dreadnaught 145 pt.
- Twin-linked Lascannon and Incinerator

Any help would be appreciated

Thanx

·
Registered
707 Posts
You seem quite open. Against a shooty army youd be shredded to death. Get some stormies to shield and distract, so that your GKs can actually do their job instead of being gunned down =) .

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hmm.. Stubborn git =P .

Ok, then I would hope you play on a relatively small table, to minimize distance to the enemy. Deploy forward, as you have to go there eventually anyways.

You could just hold back until your deep striking units have arrived, or you could charge forward and hope the deep strikers will arrive when planned.

The GKs are tough and are armoured, but against a shooty army like IG you WILL get some casualties.

Have you thought about mounting your HQ in a Chimera? This will give your Troop choices at least SOME protection if they use it for cover, and you can get your HQ up and at'em MUCH faster. If you in addition have a Teleport Homer on your Grand Master, your Fast Attack GKs can get right there in the mix.

You might want to unload your HQ behind the Chimera, then summon the Fast Attack GKs, to get atleast some cover for them from enemy shooting the next phase.

That's my newbie opinion though :p

Hope I helped you at least a little bit :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well yeah, he could put his GK hero and retinue in a Chimera. Except it would be cheating. Grey Knights CANNOT take transports. The only vehicle Grey Knights can ride in are Land Raiders purchased as heavy support. An Inquisitor can take a Chimera because there is a little box stating that he can. No Grey Knights have such a little box. If he wants a ride for the Grand Master, it'll have to be a land raider. I prefer to teleport in games smaller then 2000 points.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Maybe it's just luck, but every time I deepstrike onto enemy peeps, I kill them before they can kill me.

·
Registered
707 Posts
How can you kill them before they can kill you? They get their shooting at you, and they may assault you as well, and you cant really do much about it =( . Thats the shitty part of the gold tree.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Deep striking is a gamble. You run the risk of losing your expensive Grey Knights to enemy fire, the warp, or landing on enemy units. If you can land in the right spot, and assault next turn. It works great. But... gamble. I deepstrike sometimes, depends on my mood.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i plan on deep-striking the fast attack as a back up and i don't know about the HQ, wither deep-strike for offensive or walk up the field to absorb some damage and definatly turn-up but they can't react as fast and as we have no 'fast' units the deep strikers are useful if random

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.