Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings noble members of the Ordo Hereticus!

After serving The Greater Good for a couple years, I yearn to try something new. After some research, I have chosen to field a Sisters Of Battle force - they're different, have an interesting history, the figures are detailed, they play different than the Tau, and they should provide a challenge.

I'm going to be attending a tournament in June - 1000pts. So after doing my research, I came up with this spin on the "standard" mech SoB:

Canoness
Blessed Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Cloak of St. Aspira, Frag Grenades, Jump Pack,
Melta Bombs (122 pts)

2xBattle Sister Squads
9 Sisters, 1 Veteran Sister Superior, Book of St. Lucius, Heavy Flamer,
Meltagun, Rhino w/ Ex. Armor and Smoke Launchers (209pts ea, 418pts total)

Seraphim Squad
7 Seraphim, 1 Veteran Sister Superior, Book of St. Lucius, Eviscerator,
2xHand Flamers (230pts)

Immolator
Extra Armor, TL Heavy Bolters (75pts)

Exorcist
Extra Armor (140pts)

The "controversial" point, I suppose, is the Blessed Weapon and Bolt Pistol instead of a Eviscerator on the Canoness - this is largely a choice of aesthetics - a shiny holy weapon on the model instead of a huge choppy chain weapon...more pricey, but appeals to me more. I intend for her to kill ICs and light vehicles - the melta bomb is for the ocasional heavy vehicle.

The heavy bolter Immolator is for mid-range infantry killing.

So...by my math, I have 15pts left. Thoughts? Comments? Sugestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm....I suppose. But then I ditch the bolt pistol and melta bomb...leaving me with 6 points :)

I went the bolt pistol/melta route because of the 12" vs. 6" range of the pistols...the bolt pistol gives her something to do if she's a bit out of charge range...

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Turn the meltabombs into a book of st lucius and she can hang around being a bubble of LD10 when she's not in charge range =)

Melta bombs hit a fast vehicle on a 6 with one try. Inferno hits on a 2. Plus if you use the jump pack to get rear armor, the blessed weapon gets 4 tries, with a reroll, glancing on a 5, that's pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.