Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is just an idea ATM, but might turn into my next 40k armyso here it goes:

Traights:TYBB, Cleans & Purify
Drawbacks: Eye to Eye

HQ:
Reclusiarch - Crozius, BP, T. Honours 101

Troops:
Tac Sqd - Vet Sgt (PFist, Bolter), TYBB, Rhino (EA, Smoke), 2 Plasma Guns, 7 Bolters 288
Tac Sqd - Vet Sgt (PFist, Bolter), TYBB, Rhino (EA, Smoke), 2 Plasma Guns, 7 Bolters 288
Tac Sqd - Vet Sgt (PFist, Bolter), TYBB, Rhino (EA, Smoke), 2 Melta Guns, 6 Bolters 273

Fast Attack:
Scout Bike Sqd - 2 Scout Bikes 50

TOTAL:1000pts

The Chaplain rides with the 9 man Squad
The Bikes are only in there to take up points and add a couple more rapid fireing Bolters, might add a Predator and maybe a Vindicator to take it out to 1500 and add a bit more anti tank power. Now I know how much you all hate Rhinos here so don't rip me to hard just for that.
Thanks in advance,
Konrad.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Your scout bike squad is too small, the minimum size is 3.
Your tactical squads cost more points than you have listed. Remember that the second special weapon costs more than the first (the same as the weapon it replaces).

Those are the illegalities in the army.

As for the composition, my own experience tells me (I too use Cleanse and TYBB) that TYBB is most effective when you use it on one or two squads rather than every squad you have. Maybe if it were to be only 1 point per mode it would pay off to have it on every model, but not as it currently stands (NB: I am not advocating that it should cost less).

Rhino's also are not the most effective choices when assigned to every squad in the army. They are too fragile for that.

My suggestions would be to drop the scout bikes, the rhino on both the 10-man squads and the TYBB on 2 of your squads (I would suggest one of the footslogging squads, as they can then be used as the anvil to the mounted squads hammer). The points you would regain on these would allow you to field a Dreadnought and a barebones cc scout squad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bad, you are right on both counts, the squads are 293 (5pts over), so if I drop the bikes that leaves me with 35 pts. Secondly the point of the list was to be all mechanised so your sugestions for the Dread etc. won't really work, any other sugestions for what to do with the spare points?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
There isn't much that you can do with 35 points, really.
I would strongly suggest you do try to shoehorn a dread in though, as it would add to your initial firepower (currently you haven't much until you start disembarking troops) and would greatly increase the survivability of your Rhinos. As the list stands, any opponent you take one can easily destroy or immobilise your Rhinos which then leaves you in the unfortunate position of being stranded with the enemy outnumbering you and out of your ranged opportunities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts