Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided on making my own chapter Archons is what I plan on calling it.
The traits are
Advantage: Trust Your Battle Brothers
Disadvantage: We Stand Alone
Only made it today so I haven't come up with any fluff to entertain you guys but maybe I'll post it later.
I will mostly be facing Tau, Necrons, Chaos (Khorn) and Maybe Another SM. But if I do decide to enter the ladder at GW I would like to be competitive.
So heres the list

HQ – Total 120pts
Reclusiarch
- Terminator Armor
- Storm Bolter
- Bionics

Elites – Total 270
Dreadnought
- Lascannon
- Missile Launcher
Dreadnought
- Lascannon
- Missile Launcher

Troops

Tactical Squad 1 – Total 230 Pts
9x Space Marines
- Plasma Gun
- True grit + Counter Attack
1x Sergeant
- Terminator Honors
- Plasma Pistol
- Power Fist
- True Grit + Counter Attack

Tactical Squad 2 – Total 230pts
9x Space Marines
- Plasma Gun
1x Sergeant
- Terminator Honors +
- Plasma Pistol
- Power Fist

Fast Attack – Total 150pts
LS Tornado
- HB
- AC
LS Typhoon
- HB
- Typhoon Missile Launcher

I gave the Rec a StormBolter and Bionics because i had the 10pts although i wouldve used those points to get another Tornado instead of the Typhoon I'm missing the assault cannon for the LS to make it a Tornado i onyl got the Typhoon Bits but in do time ill have it and change it out.
Other then that what do you think any Suggestions and criticism is welcome.

·
Registered
361 Posts
This looks really good except for one thing, most of a chaplains power during battle comes from the abilities he gives his squad and he doesn't have one here.
He does however come with a free P-weapon and invulnerable save and you don't need the leadership of a master so what you've got here would still work well.

overall its a nice list IMO 8Y

·
479 Posts
i have something similar to the guy above, which is that your chaplain is really your only counter attack unit against enemy assault unit. as your two tacticals are full of heavy weaponry, i'd say try to free up some pts for an assault squad with no jump packs so you can use the chaplains terminator armor and then this unit will stand between your units. When the assualting enemy comes along, you can use them to hold the enemy in combat while you continue to blast away at his other forces. Otherwise, this is an awesome list.8Y

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This looks really good except for one thing, most of a chaplains power during battle comes from the abilities he gives his squad and he doesn't have one here.
He does however come with a free P-weapon and invulnerable save and you don't need the leadership of a master so what you've got here would still work well.

overall its a nice list IMO 8Y
Well He sorta does have a squad thats the way i made my tactical Squads i gave them True grit for the extra +1 CC attack and only gave them a plasma gun so i can keep em moving and shooting, Which is why i have the dreadnoughts equipped for Anti-Vehicle Purposes.

i have something similar to the guy above, which is that your chaplain is really your only counter attack unit against enemy assault unit. as your two tacticals are full of heavy weaponry, i'd say try to free up some pts for an assault squad with no jump packs so you can use the chaplains terminator armor and then this unit will stand between your units. When the assualting enemy comes along, you can use them to hold the enemy in combat while you continue to blast away at his other forces. Otherwise, this is an awesome list.8Y
My Tactical Squads are like an Assault squad without the Jump packs cause of the True grit. I expect them run up shooting the enemy then have their true grit come in handy while their stuck in CC which is why i geared the sergeants with a Power Fist and Plasma pistol.

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
I think you should take out a Dred and then put in another tactical squad. Model count the better. Plus your dreadnaughts will be a fire magnet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts