Rhino (Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour) - 58
9x Grey Hunters (8x Bolters, Meltagun, Power Fist) - 244

Fast

4x Blood Claw Bikers (2x Power Fists, Meltagun) - 152
2x Land Speeders (2x Multi Melta's) - 130

Total = 1000

Right, so now for some comments,

Well I've tried to go for a very mobile, and hard hitting force here, I want as much flexibility as possible, from another list I had, I've taken out a dreadnought, long fangs, and a blood claw squad, and some wolf scouts, to include rhino's and bikes, and a land speeder.

Now in my next battle, I'm going to be facing sisters, and imperial guard together, so I'm thinking of giving only one multi melta to the speeders, and giving a squad of grey hunters, (the 9 man one) another power fist.

In the past I have lost, and lost again, all because I could never get to the enemy (I play mostly sisters and chaos), or they would just slaughter me with faith points or demons, so I want to get in their at least in turn 2.

If you interested, heres my previous list in a battle report to show you the problem I had:
http://www.librarium-online.com/for...621-1000pt-space-woves-vs-sisters-battle.html

Thanks, feel free to comment and criticize.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Wolf Priest (Bike, Wolf Pelt, Bolt Pistol) - 134
Interesting choice of wargear, I prefer throwing my priest in with grey hunters but he'd definately have a good affect on the bikers. Not much to say about him, maybe healing balms if we can find you the points so those bikers can stay alive a little longer.

Wolf Guard Battle Leader (Belt of Russ, Bolter, Frost Blade) - 112
Another interesting choice, cheap and a decent substitute for a wolf lord if you want to keep the points down.

8x Grey Hunters (7x Bolters, Plasma Gun, Power Fist) - 228
I like giving my grey hunters dual power weapons/fists when I can, and for this drive by squad I would suggest power weapons over fists since this unit is more likely to get charged and counter charge rather than make the charge itself. In this case, the fist is better for the squad if they were not going to be rapid firing bolters and plasma.

9x Grey Hunters (8x Bolters, Meltagun, Power Fist) - 244
As before, I'd take the fist if you were going to be charging rather than rapid firing; so I'd drop your bolters from this pack and try and squeeze in a second power fist. On top of dropping the bolters for bolt pistols, I would also suggest you remove the ninth member of this squad, if anything it frees you up the points for the fist while the excess points plus the points from the bolters gives you enough for a power weapon in the previous squad.

4x Blood Claw Bikers (2x Power Fists, Meltagun) - 152
I don't really use blood claws or blood claw bikers, so I won't comment on them; but do keep in mind that you are spending 15% of your total points on four blood claws.

2x Land Speeders (2x Multi Melta's) - 130
I would suggest making one or both of these into tornadoes, especially against sisters and IG; the ability to tear apart squads from both armies at decent range is priceless really.

Looking at your totals, it looks like you included the total of the rhino's with the grey hunter pack totals and then included them again. Without the second rhino totals you are at an even 1k but with them you are over by 116; if including the amount the second time is just a typo or somehting than its not much of a problem.

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Ok several things,

Since your wolf priest is obviously accompanying your bikers I would find the points to put healing balms on him, that should really help that squad to stay alive.

If you don’t put healing balms on him then I would highly suggest that you take a WGBL with a single lightning claw, storm shield, & a bike. It is much more efficient then the priest, even with one less attack he statistically will take out more T4 & T3 models then the priest and dose significantly better against T5 & T6 models. The only down sides are that your inv save is only good in CC but since he will likely be joining a squad that isn’t usually a big deal and he has a LD 9 rather then LD 10.

Your WGBL seems to be over priced. When I ran the numbers on him he should cost 107 rather then 112, unless you bought something else for him. I would also put a bolt pistol on him, as the extra CC attack will be far more valuable then the bolter shots.

Grey Hunters, I would put a bolt pistol on any model with a power weapon, as I said with the WGBL the extra CC attacks are much more valuable then the bolter shots. Also you should really find the points to take 2 powered weapons in the squads.

The bikers are ok, I don’t personally like them but I know SW players that swear by them so I can only say that if they work for you then keep them.

Land Speeders, I would also suggest that you make them into tornados since at the 12”-24” range the assault cannon is better at taking out tanks (other then the monolith) then the multi-melta, and in my experience that is the range that they usually fire at. If you have the models for it I would acutely drop both land speeders for a Pred Destructor with lass sponsons. That will be a much better tank hunter and cheaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.