Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my First Battle Report so be kind, and this was in no way a professionals game, just two friends playing together at home, using make shift scenery, so some rules will be sketchy.

Space Wolves List – 1008pts

1xWolf Lord (Bolter, Frost Blade, Wolf Pelt, Belt of Russ)
1xRune Priest (Frost Axe, Plasma Pistol, Wolf Tail Talisman)
Dreadnought (Heavy Flamer, DCCW)
6x Wolf Scouts (Meltagun, 2xPlasma Pistol, Heavy bolter)
10xGrey Hunters (Bolters, CCW’s, 1x Power Weapon, Plasma Gun
10xBlood Claws (Bolt Pistols, CCW’s, 2x Power Fists, Flamer)
5xLong Fangs (2xMissile, 2xHeavy Bolter)

Sisters of Battle List – 1008pts

Canoness (Jump Pack, Cloak of St.Aspira, Book of Lucias, Inferno Pistol, Blessed Weapon)
10xBattle Sisters (2 Flamers, Veteran + Combi-Flamer)
10xBattle Sisters (2 Flamers, Veteran + Combi-Flamer)
Armoured Fist Team (Chimera + 2 H.Flamers, Extra Armour, Smoke launchers)
7xSeraphim (Flamers, Veteran + Combi-Flamer)
5xRetributors (4x Heavy Bolters)
5xRetributors (4x Heavy Bolters)

We ended up doing a Recon Mission, we modified the rules with house rules, and we made a few mistakes, but oh well. We each had a 6” deployment zone, first we took turns in placing the terrain pieces, my friend went first.

In the end: To my left there was a jungle near my side, and in front of that some ruins near the sisters side. In the centre there was a wall about 2” away from my deployment zone, and a hedge and a wall on the Sisters side, near there deployment zone, though not in it. And to the right, there were two hedges made to form a corner, near the sister’s deployment zone.

Overall, my right was rather exposed cover wise, but it would mean the unit would have to move across the open ground first, the centre was exposed mostly, save for hedges and walls near the deployment zone, the left flank was fully covered almost to each deployment zone, making a seemingly ideal way to attack.

Deployment

Heres a picture for you to enjoy (Beware, taken with old mobile) - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/orodreth12345/DSC00362.jpg

Sisters deployed first, placing there Retributors to my right, near a wall. His Seraphim were placed to my far right, near the hedge corner. One of his Sisters were in the centre almost, near a hedge again, though this hedge was about 8” away, his other Sisters squad was placed right to my left, behind the ruins cover.

I deployed my Long Fangs first near a wall slightly to my right, though still centerish, they had a good view of the battle here. Next I placed my Blood Claws dead centre, hoping to use it to charge right forward, next I placed my Grey Hunters behind the Jungle cover, hoping to attack them guerrilla style, with the cover save which could be useful against divine guidance. Next I placed by dreadnought close to the Blood Claws, behind the Long Fangs, hoping to use him as a supporting role to the Blood Claws. Finally, I place my Rune Priest with my blood Claws, hoping to use his valuable cover save power on them (which later turned out to be utterly useless).

Turn 1 (Sisters)

The Sisters got first turn (Dammit!)

Movement -

The Seraphim moved 6” into the corner of hedges to my right, with the Canoness, who also had a jump pack, it was then I realised the mistake of leaving my Long Fangs unsupported. One of his Retributors moved to the cover, as wall, in front of them, while the other Retributors stayed put, and they had 4 heavy bolters, I was like, hmm, not good.

Then the Wenches (Sisters) moved 5” forward, staying out of 1st turn charge range of my blood puppies, I expected that, as he does it a lot, which is annoying. He then moved his Chimera 12” down my left flank, the last time I faced it, and it blew my Blood puppies apart with fire.

Shooting –

His Retributors squad decided to fire at my Blood Claws, who are kind of target dummies, which I found out to my regret. He scored 7 hits, and wounded 5, I failed 4/5 Saves (Damn my horrid luck!).

That was all his shooting and no assault so my turn (This is where things went from bad to worse, but worst of all it was my fault)

Turn 1 (Puppies)

Movement -

I moved everything, (I regret moving my Long Fangs now) My long fangs went to cover, Blood Puppies went straight forward 6”, Grey hunters went into the tree’s, moving a mighty 1” through the bushes, the bane of grey hunters :p . Oh, and I remembered to cast my Rune Priests Storm Caller spell.

Shooting –

Now I decided the largest threat at the moment was the Retributors, so the Dreadnought turned to them and unleashed a flurry of assault cannon bolts. 2 hit, no 6’s, 2 dead, I was like, ah my luck has returned, then I fired with two Grey Hunters who had a line of site, and both missed, I was reeling.

And that was all, not much of a come back.

Turn 2 (Sisters)

Movement -

His Chimera moved 8” right next to my Grey Hunters, his Seraphim moved over the cover they were in, into the open, and I rubbed my hands together in blood thirst. Then his 2 squads of wenches moved towards some ruins, which my Grey Hunters were moving towards.

Shooting –

Now I die, I had kind of forgotten about his Chimera, which had managed to sneak up on me, (Curse my stupidity!), it unleashed its heavy flamer, covering about 8 of them. It killed 4, and simply put, in my head, there was more curses than in a voodoo ladies home. Then my look changed again, as he fired 7 Heavy Bolters at my Long Fangs, luckily only 1 died. I took out the pack leader, thinking, I didn’t want to lose any of that fire power in my next move.

No more shooting and no assault yet.

Turn 2 (Puppies)

No Scouts come in :/

Movement -

My Blood Puppies fled for the tree’s, trying to keep out of range of those Bolters, and out of the Sisters view. My Dreadnought tried to follow them, reluctantly, as I was tempted to support the Long Fangs, Grey Hunters tripped 3” towards to the Sisters through the Jungle.
Shooting –

The Long Fangs unleashed hell on the Seraphim (This was a difficult decision as the Retributors could rip them apart as well), firing with Krak Missiles to deny them an amour save and cause instant death, and firing 2 Heavy bolter. They killed 3, to put it short, which is good. The Dreadnought went to aid the Fangs with an assault Cannon, Scoring two hits and two deaths again. I was happy at this point. Thinking I had saved my Long Fangs, or at least delayed their doom. The Grey Hunters, now with a line of sight and rapid fire range, unleashed hell, killing 3 Wenches.

That was the end of my turn, and I really wanted to assault by now, this is where I think I have lost the battle.

Turn 3 (Sisters)

Movement –

Scarily, his Canoness breaks of from the Seraphim, and jumps within range of my Dreadnought (Oh Noes!). Seraphim go right near the Long Fangs, the Wenches, move between the cover of the ruins, and while the other within rapid fire of my Blood Claws. His Chimera moves straight behind the Grey Hunters, right in my deployment zone (¦I - my given up face) I realised I was doomed right at this point, knowing that if I did not break the sisters on the charge, I would lose.

Shooting –

The inferno pistol melts the Dreadnought, in an “I’m Melting!” moment. Blood Puppies are completely wiped out by Divine Guidance from the Wenches (Damn them!) which he just past his faith test for and got a load of 6’s, and I forgot to use Storm Caller, I was almost crying, I keep on forgetting in the heat of the battle. I also lost 1 Grey hunter to a Heavy Flamer (Which I had spread out, in a momentary lapse of intelligent)

At the end of this phase, I had no Blood Claws, no Dreadnought, only Long Fangs, a lonely Rune Priest, some undeployed scouts and Wolf Lord, and a half a squad of Grey Hunters, things were looking grim.

Turn 3 (Puppies (now with broken legs))

Movement –

This was agonisingly short, so I started scraping up what I could. I moved into charge range of the Wenches squad, which had lost 3 to my shooting before. My Long Fangs, moved to assault the Seraphim, which I now see was a stupid Idea, I could have just shot them. But at least I denied them the charge.
Shooting –

Just one epic shot which chipped a nail of a Sister, watching her flee into a mine in tears, only her other fingernails remained.

Warning: Things get sketchy here

Assault (Finally!) –

The Grey Hunters charged I killed 6; he failed his leadership tests, when the chainswords got stuck in the sister’s hair, and I swept them up in a massacre (Woo!) and I went into his other sister squad. My Long Fangs Killed one, but he killed all but one of them, who fled 8”.

Turn 4 (Sisters)

Movement –

None

Shooting –

None

Assault –

He killed my long Fangs, in short, the old man tripped over his beard. The Grey Hunters were massacred when he used Spirit of the Martyr, and denied me my Power Weapon; they then killed all but one.

Turn 4 (Puppy (Now bleeding to death))

Scouts to the Rescue, “Oh dear, seems were a bit late, I told you drinking whisky and vodka at the same time was a bad Idea”, “Yeh, lets just kill something, I have a splitting headache”

Movement –

Scouts moved towards Retributors

Shooting –

Scouts shot Retributors, having a Plasma Pistol blow up in their drunken face. But killed about 2 of them.

Assault –

The Lone wolf fighting the Sisters dies, taking one down with him, poor Fella. The Scouts kill the First Retributors Squad, and then just misses consolidating into the other squad.

Turn 5 (Sisters (Now Goddesses))

Movement –

Most of his forces move towards my Deployment Zone, his armoured Fists disembark finally, finding all the fighting done, and just get drunk, and play card, and trade body parts of Blood Claws.

Shooting –

His last Retributors Squad kills all but one of my Scout and Leave my Wolf Lord

Assault –

Nothing

Turn 5 (The Puppy now clinging onto life)

Movement –

Right up to the Retributors with the Scout and Lord

Shooting –

A Bolt Pistol in the face kills one.

Assault –

Let’s just say, all were killed, and my scout died,

Turn 6

We stopped her, seeing the clear Victor.

Comment: I did Terrible here; I should have kept my force closer to each other, and placed them near cover better. I shouldn’t have wasted my dreadnought, and assaulted his wenches. I think overall I need more mobility in my force, and at 1000 points, I find my long Fangs aren’t worth it. Also I got to rely less on my scouts. I’m probably going to add a Rhino to my Blood Claws. Rune Priest has been useless in about all 5 Games I have played, I don’t think he’s for me. I’ve also got to think more straight when I’m playing, I found my thoughts stuttering, but I just got to play more games.

Also this army is rather new, so I’m only just getting the hang of it.

One more note, the rules were sketchy at some points, but we did are best.

And I applaud my friend for his outstanding army and tactics, he clearly had an idea of what he was doing, and he used his models efficiently.
Well there’s my first battle report, please comment.

·
Official Lol Cannon
970 Posts
Nice Battle Report! Yeah i forget to cast stuff and upgrades all the time also you just gotta get more familiar with your list and think of every unti like a checklist.

+ rep for an awesome battle report

Can't wait to see others.

·
Wolf Lord
426 Posts
Great report, thank you for posting it.

You made a few mistakes and had a bit of bad luck here and there, but it sounds like you enjoyed the match. That, coupled with the fact that you seem to have learned much from the loss makes for a great game.

As far as your list goes I think you would be right in dropping the long fangs for mobility options. Choosing when and where the CC's take place can be an amazing asset. It's a shame to hear that your rune priest isn't working out for you. I would encourage you to stick with him; just make sure to cast his storm caller every turn.

Also, I might recommend that you cut down on your HQ slots to add numbers and/or firepower. I would upgrade the dreadnought to a venerable to fulfill your second HQ and drop one of the two you are currently using. Old and Wise alone will make the swap worthwhile.

At any rate, thank you again for the BatRep! I'd love to see more pics in the next one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Comments!

I suppose I should keep the Rune Priest, I'm putting my blood Claws in a Rhino, and adding another Grey hunter pack, also the Wolf Lord is now a Wolf Guard Battle Leader, to cut back on some points.

My Next Battle should be good, very unfluffy, but fun non the less. It's a 2 a side battle, with the same Sisters, and another guy with Imperial Guard. I'm playing with a friend with Chaos, who are Nurgle. I really want to win this one, and for once I'm glad I have nurgle on the board, as they'll be fighting with me. So I'll try and make a report on that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nice report, nice to see someone put up a battle report where they didnt massacre the opponent!

You know youre mistakes and you learn more from mistakes than you do with bad luck (though you had a bit of that as well)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there, looks like a good starter list. I just wanted to point out that the scouts you were using are not legal. You would have to pick either normal SM scout weapons or Space Wolf Scout weapons. You cannot choose both.

Prax

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh, i realized that at the end of the game, but it didn't really matter, as I didn't have a chance to shoot the HB anyway.

My new list involves a lot more mobility, a land speeder, and blood claw bikers, and rhino's. so I've learned. I played with them in a doubles 1000pt match, and unfortunately I didn't take down any notes, but I played with Chaos, and the sisters played with Tank Company imperial guard. We won, which I'm really happy about as I haven't won a battle in 40000 ever.

I'll be entering a doubles tourney with Tau, and it should be fun, wish me luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
What's your new list again? Oh, and what did you give the land speeder? I have to suggest multi-melta if you want tanks to die. Oh, and it is super fun when you destroy his/her tanks and, just to be cruel, VAPORIZE a single troop8Y.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts