Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... wanting to get more into fantasy, I decided to actually put together a list based on the stuff I bought from a friend, just to give it a run. Here is 1000pts... let me know your thoughts...

(I read the rules on posting points, I think removed all the right stuff, only listing overall totals for units, no costs for wargear or per character) :)

1000 Pts - Tomb Kings Roster

Item (0 pts)
. . 1 Nehekharan Incantations @ 0 pts
. . . . 1 Djedra's Incantation of Summoning
. . . . 1 Horekhah's Incantation of Righteous Smiting
. . . . 1 Mankara's Incantation of Urgency
. . . . 1 Sekhubi's Incantation of Vengeance

Tomb Prince (184 pts)
. . 1 Tomb Prince (General; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Flammable; Undead)
. . . . 1 Chariot (Undead)
. . . . . . 2 Skeletal Steed
. . . . 1 Armor of the Ages

Liche Priest (135 pts)
. . 1 Liche Priest (Hierophant; Hand Weapon; Undead)
. . . . 1 Cloak of the Dunes

Chariots (120 pts)
. . 3 Chariots (Fast Cavalry; Undead)
. . . . 3 Driver (Hand Weapon)
. . . . 3 Warrior (Hand Weapon; Bow; Spear)
. . . . 6 Skeletal Steed

Skeleton Light Horsemen (70 pts)
. . 5 Skeleton Light Horsemen (Hand Weapon; Bow; Fast Cavalry; Undead)
. . . . 5 Skeletal Steed

Skeleton Light Horsemen (70 pts)
. . 5 Skeleton Light Horsemen (Hand Weapon; Bow; Fast Cavalry; Undead)
. . . . 5 Skeletal Steed

Skeleton Warriors (250 pts)
. . 24 Skeleton Warriors (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear & Shield; Undead)
. . . . 1 Champion (Hand Weapon; Spear & Shield)

Tomb Scorpion (85 pts)
. . 1 Tomb Scorpion (Killing Blow; Magic Resistance (1); Poisoned Attacks; Undead)

Tomb Scorpion (85 pts)
. . 1 Tomb Scorpion (Killing Blow; Magic Resistance (1); Poisoned Attacks; Undead)

Validation Report:
Edition: 7th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Profile Options: Show Points; Army Subtype: Tomb Kings Army
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 999

·
Registered
76 Posts
you dont really need more than 1 unit of skeleton LH they arent great as they are.i would reccomend dropping both and dropping 4 off the unit of skellies
i think it would be worth investing these points in a scc and maybe a tomb swarm(youll have 50 points left over)

btw you dont have to write all the units special rules in the army list it makes it sorta hard to read:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that :) Don't own a SCC yet... here is what I own to help with my planning... I plan to buy more, but this is to just get me started:

-Tomb King
-Liche Priest
-5 Chariots
-15 Light Horsemen
-25 Skellies w/ full command
-5 swarms
-2 Scoprions
-3 Ushabti

·
Registered
76 Posts
k what bout this?

tomb prince
collar of shapesh
GW
LA
vambrances of the sun
total=146

liche priest
cloak of the dunes
heiratic jar
total=160

19 skeleton warriors
LA /HW/shield
full command
total=196

3 tomb swarm
total=135

4 chariots
total=160

1 scorpion
total=85

1 scorpion
total=85

total=1004

if your gonna continue with tomb kings i highly reccomend the next thing you buy is a second liche priest and some archers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give it a try... thanks :) I will probably be expanding the army, like i said, it was just a really good deal from a friend who didn't want them anymore... let me try your list at our club this week and give it a run...

·
Registered
80 Posts
What would be the benefit of a full command in a skelly group?

more to the point .. the banner and hero i can understand ... to some point .. but the hornblower ??

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well it only comes into play in the case of a drawn combat of course, but since the musician will only set you back a measly 5pts it's still very much worth having if you have a couple of points left. Even if it only comes up once in a game and your opponents unit has a musician of their own it will still pay for itself immediately because you wont lose a skellie to crumbling.

I wouldn't waste the points for music on chariots etc, but for infantry blocks that need all the CR help they can get a musician is often points well spent IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.