Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have entered my first tournament at my local hobby shop coming up in 3 days and have attempted to create a list worthy of tournaments, here it is:

HQ

The Avatar is going to be the bulk of my close combat force, rushing up and getting into close combat as fast as possible. I was considering a farseer to give me the option of fortuning him, but ran out of points. So if you any solution where i can fit one, let me know.

Troops

9 Dire Avengers
1 Exarch with Dual Avenger Catapults

6 Pathfinders

Elite

5 Harlies
1 Shadowseer
Everyone in the squad has harliquin kisses and will be mounted in a falcon.

Heavy

4 Dark Reapers
1 Exarch with Eldar Missle Launcher and crack shot

1 Falcon
Holo Field
Spirit Stone
Starcannon
Shuriken Cannon

Total:1000pts on the dot

Comment away!!!!!!

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
If you are relying on your avatar to be the bulk of your cc, you will be sadly disappointed. They only move 6" a turn and as such are quite easy to avoid - they can easily go an entire game without seeing hth - and being the only MC in your list will get targeted with everything that isn't being thrown at the falcon.
On the plus side he will make your Avengers fearless if you run him next to them.
I think you will be better off dropping him altogether and adding a farseer with your power of choice and giving the exarchs some powers - otherwise there really isn't a point in taking them. Bladestorm on your avengers and fast shot for your reaper exarch.
Other than that it looks ok

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK, so i decided to completly revamp my list here goes:

HQ

Karandas

Troops
9 Dire Avengers
1 Exarch with Dual Avenger Catapults and Bladestorm

9 Dire Avengers
1 Exarch with Dual Avenger Catapults and Bladestorm

Elite
9 Striking Scorpions
1 Exarch with Biting Blade and Shuriken pistol

Heavy
Wraithlord
TL Shuriken Catapult
2 Flamers

Fast
7 Warp Spiders
1 Exarch with Spinneret Rifle

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Ok, let’s see.
Karandras – fluffy, cool phoenix lord, free victory points for anyone with a power fist or power weapon.
Phoenix lords are cool, but unfortunately Karandras is slow – being armed with a claw means that he will almost always strike last and not having an invulnerable save means that any SM character – and indeed anyone with a power weapon – will kill him before he gets a chance to strike. Due to his IC status he is always going to be picked out.
Troops are ok
Elites: Scorpion exarch needs a claw – it’s ‘hidden’ so the rest of the squad has to die before it gets removed. Also shadow strike and stalker too if you drop Karandas.
Heavy: TL Shuriken Catapults are a waste – give him an eml at least (or preferably an EML and BL). You have no anti-tank in this army at all (besides possibly the Spiders).
Fast: Ok.
All in all, it’s not the best list I’ve seen. You definitely need ranged Anti-tank and something to take care of MEQ.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now i know im bouncing around between units and not really sticking with a strategy, but i have only played 2 or 3 games and am still trying to find the right tactics for me. My style of play is very CC orriented but a shooting army might be something very fun to try. So here is yet again, another list:

HQ
Farseer
Spirit Stone
Doom
Fortune

Troops
10 Guardians
Starcannon Platform

10 Guardians
Starcannon Platform

Fast
5 Warp Spiders
1 Exarch with Spinneret Rifle

Heavy
1 Wraithlord
EML and Bright Lance

3 Warwalkers
each with 1 Scatter Laser 1 EML or i could take 2 Scatter Lasers and bulk up my Warp squad by 1 or 2 models

This tourney will probobly just be a learning experience for me to figure out what units excel at what, and which ones i like the most

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Out of the 3 I like the third one the best. Give the walkers scatter lasers - rolling that many dice at a unit is fun.
Thanks to anti-grav platforms this can be a reasonably mobile shooty list so you can effectively march around one side of the board with your entire army shooting.
I'm not too sure on guardians - I don't use them so you might want to take somebody elses advice about them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.