Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife an i do battle brothers and she has a list she would like looked at (please bear in mind certain models are there cos she likes them).

Hero

Shaman lvl 2 beast tali of endurance additional hand weapon
142pst

Core 23 gors standard banner of disaplin AHW (shaman goes here) 6x4

2 chariots xxx

5 hounds xx

5 hounds xx

Special

18 bestigors standard 6x3
228pts

3 Minotaurs AHW
177pts

Total 977pts

so we have 20pts spare what should she do? tali of pres on the shaman? how do you think this list will fare changes you would make?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looks really good... My only thoughts were that a BSB is a critical model in any beast army. If you don't make your primal fury rolls the army has a hard time winning.

Also... how are you getting the Standard of Dis in your Gors? They don't have a magic banner option.

Beasts is nice but... Death might be better as points are few... take out one opposing character and the game is over!

I like shield with my minos... just a bit of extra defense (plus parry save)... they have plenty of attacks with blood greed

If you give the standard of Disc to your bestigors (since gors cant carry it) you actually have 24 points left! So bump up your shamans talisman for a 4++ ward... and add one more gor to give you 1 point left

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to explain this so was thinking i would try squeez one in my 1000pts for her to use. but in genral the list is good? how would you spend the last 20pts. The hounds redirect and block. the minios and besti and chartiots hammer goors bunker and fight where needed.

My list is something like 3 cold one chariots 20 reaper crossbowmen with shield so can fight and a master in chariot with doom locks. provides another anvil and som more hammer magic shooting time i feel these lists work well together as long as our allience holds out lol.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looks really good... My only thoughts were that a BSB is a critical model in any beast army. If you don't make your primal fury rolls the army has a hard time winning.

Also... how are you getting the Standard of Dis in your Gors? They don't have a magic banner option.

Beasts is nice but... Death might be better as points are few... take out one opposing character and the game is over!

I like shield with my minos... just a bit of extra defense (plus parry save)... they have plenty of attacks with blood greed

If you give the standard of Disc to your bestigors (since gors cant carry it) you actually have 24 points left! So bump up your shamans talisman for a 4++ ward... and add one more gor to give you 1 point left

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I didn't even check if they had magic banner allowance :( I was trying to keep full bestigors.

The beasts is cos she likes changing into a hydra and wild form but I have soul blight with doomlocks but was thinking to fit bsb I may have to get a wizard instead was thinking shadow but could do death. I might be able to convince her to take shields yeah 5+6++ is much better I will look at the list.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what about this

Hero

Shaman Lvl 2 beast tali of endurance
Total 140pts

Core

24 gors standard ahw
202pts

2 chariots xxx

5 hounds

5 hounds

5 hounds

Special

3 minos shields

17 bestigors standard banner of discipline
231pts

Total 1000pts

Wasn't sure on another 30 pts did think about 5 raiders as a bunker and dropping banner of discipline and getting bestigors back to 18 thoughts?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Raiders are like hounds...expendable. Keep them cheap.

If I would change anything would be... drop 2 units of hounds, Change the Talis of End to a Talis of Prot (better miscast protection), and add 7 ungor raiders

I tend to like raiders over hounds because of the hounds Ld of 5... Because we are rolling on 2d6 the bell curve makes rolling a 5 very improbable. If they take any damage from shooting they are fleeing...

This army has no answer for a melee hero so it will have to use maneuver and combo attacks to overcome opponents (not hard but must be considered heavily) If this army was going H2H against another 1000pt army I would seriously consider lore of Death for its character sniping advantages.

The list looks pretty good though and bestigors and minos will be a concern for any opponent.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I deal with characters my master in a chariot has 5 str 5 attacks along with another from crew in the chariot and 4 strength 4 from the cold ones.

It's all about our magic supporting the list my soul blight -1 str and tough combined with wild for should see us dominate a cc even against chaos warriors

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was playing around with the 1000 pt minobus army...

Great shaman - Talis of Pres
Gor herd - AHW (x30) Full Command
Raiders (x5)
Dogs (x5)
Minos - shield (x6) standard
Razorgor (x1)

This will give you 2 redirectors, 1 chaff/war machine hunter, a solid bunker, a Lv3 caster and a mino bus...

Granted the footprint is much smaller but at 1000 points a minobus is scary!

For 90 points more a great shaman will give you higher - magic level, WS, ST, To, Wounds and LD - then you wont miss losing the standard of disc.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That's pretty much what she run with last year she took

Lvl4 gnarled hide
6minos ahw standard
29 gors ahw standard champ
2 razagors separate

I'd didnt do great and we were getting out deployed due to our lack of units I had 3 she had 4 so not so good and 6 minos get hammered because they are so scary where as minos and bestigors give her 2 units to hit with chariots just to give some charge power and what not I think we have. Good list now thanks for your help though really appreciate it.

The finalised list is as follows

Hero

Shaman Lvl 2 beast ahw tali of pres
157pts

Core

24 gors standard ahw
202pts

2 chariots xxx

10 dogs xx split into 2 units of 5

Special

17 bestigors standard champ standard of discipline
243pts