1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exalted Champion of chaos - 129pts
(Helm of many eyes and a great weapon)

Warriors of Chaos - 240pts
(14 Warriors with shields and full command)

Marauder Horsemen - 114pts
(6 Horsemen with spears, shields a standard bearer and musician)

Warhounds of Chaos - 60pts
(10 Warhounds)

Chaos Furies - 105pts
(7 Furies)

Beast Herd - 123pts
(8 Gors and 8 ungors with full command)

Knights of Chaos - 228pts
(6 Knights with musician and standard bearer)

Im looking to start chaos and this is something ive come up with after some trial and error. any suggestions would be helpfull

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Mount the Ext champ and run him with the Knights, he will be best there for now. Loose the Helm of many eyes, can get annoying. Gaze of the Gods + Sword of Might possibly.

Drop the warriors to 12 (6x2 formation) and loose standard. Add 2xHWs as well as shields.

Lose the Maru Cavs Spears, shields and standard. Give them Flails.

Split hounds into 2 units, maybe add 1 hound to each for 2 units of 6.

Probably ok to drop 1 Fury.

Loose the Standard from the Beasts.

Drop 1 Knight so the Ext will go with them without being too wide. Loose banner, add Champ.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although i appreachate the adivce i have acouple of questions or points about your suggested changes..

the first would be the Exalted Champion being joned with the knights instead of foot troops. This may be a personal thing of mine but i never put my gereral in a cavirly unit. This is because first off the Knights are very strong on there own and dont need the assistance of the hero to win combat also the knights are always a big target putting the general in there makes the #1 target for every spell and missile weapon.
Reasons for him to be in the unit hes in are... the warriors already are a very solid unit with there sheilds two ranks and standard the addition of the hero gives them that extra killing power needed to be able to win more often than not also keeping him in that unit means he will be in the middle of my army giving everyone a chance at using his leader ship value.

Next i have to ask why do u want every standard in the army removed +1 to combat resolution is a very useful tool...... and it really doesnt make sense to change my standard bearer in the knights unit to a champion lol the standard beaer has 1 attack but also supplies +1 no matter what where as the champion has 2 attacks but must kill at least 1 enemy to get the +1 that could have already been there

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Although i appreachate the adivce i have acouple of questions or points about your suggested changes..

the first would be the Exalted Champion being joned with the knights instead of foot troops. This may be a personal thing of mine but i never put my gereral in a cavirly unit. This is because first off the Knights are very strong on there own and dont need the assistance of the hero to win combat also the knights are always a big target putting the general in there makes the #1 target for every spell and missile weapon.
Reasons for him to be in the unit hes in are... the warriors already are a very solid unit with there sheilds two ranks and standard the addition of the hero gives them that extra killing power needed to be able to win more often than not also keeping him in that unit means he will be in the middle of my army giving everyone a chance at using his leader ship value.

Fair point, if you want to keep him on foot then do so. The Knights are hard as already. Id still recommend switching the Warriors to a killy unit though, instead of static Res.

Next i have to ask why do u want every standard in the army removed +1 to combat resolution is a very useful tool...... and it really doesnt make sense to change my standard bearer in the knights unit to a champion lol the standard beaer has 1 attack but also supplies +1 no matter what where as the champion has 2 attacks but must kill at least 1 enemy to get the +1 that could have already been there

Thhe problem with banners is that, if the unit if killed from close combat, or so much as flees from combat and is persued, then the enemy auto captures your banner and gets an extra 100 Victory Pts. This probably isnt so much of a probem for the Knights, and to an extent Warriors, but due to the relative weakness of the units (not in Str, in unit size and LD) ou should definitely loose the banners on the Maru Cav and Beast Herd.
Also thouhg, Chaos Knight Champs are hard as, able to take on some Hero level Characters in a challenge with ease. If you use the Warriors as elite infantry, for killness as i suggested, then definitely loose the banner, and small unit size, consider the banner champ swap on the Knights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts