Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently decided to play Fantasy after a long time of playing 40k, and I went with chaos. I want to start slowly, with a 1000pts force to begin with, and then see how it goes.

So, maybe you guys could give me some advice for this first 1000 pts force.

Here it goes

Champion: shield, sword of might; 102pts (fielded with the warriors)

14 chosen chaos warriors: shield, musician, banner; 312pts

5 chosen knights: banner; 245pts

32 marauders: banner, musician; 175pts

30 marauders: banner, musician; 160 pts

total: 999pts

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
not a bad start, maybe loose one unit of marauders and replace it with a chariot or 2 as you cud do with some flank chargers to help the knights, maybe try to squeeze a few hounds in there just to soak up some missile fire, but over all its a good basic starter list!;Y

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
*thread moved to the army list forums*

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Drop the warriors down to 11 and run them 6x2 with the Character. Loose their banner, add a Champ.

Loose the Knights banner, add Champ and Music. Chosen makes them really hard, maybe look at mounting your character and adding him here too. Possibly look at 2xHWs. or GWs or Halberds, as well as the shields, so they are better for killing, its where they get their combat res from.

Drop the 1st Marauder unit to 25, thats about the most youll really need in 1 unit. Equip them with HW/S/LA, possibly add a Champ.

Drop the second marauder unit

Units to consider adding: Furies (5-7), Spawns (Slanneshi recommended, even with an Undivided list), Chariots (again Slannesh good, though UDV is ok if you cant afford it), Marauder Cav(5-6 w/ music and flails)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Your marauder units are very big to big for a unit of models with there point cost you should look at units of 25 max but for this list we will use 20 this way you have 5x4 and give them full command and sheilds and light armour. Now these units will have a 4+ save in close combat will have a rank bonus of +3 and the bearer will add another +1 plus you shoudl outnumber with a unit that size so your looking at a plus +5 combat resolution before combat starts dont expect them to kill to much let there numbers win the fights and support other units.

Next you have your units upgraded to chosen although they are strong its not really a good idea in a 1000pts game. Keep your warriors at 14 with the general supporting them and make sure you add a champion to the unit full command is a must in main units.

So remove the chosen from the knights as well keep the banner and give them a musician and you could add one more for a unit of 6 and they will be quite usefull on your enemys flanks.

Your hero is fine if you want you could give him and enchanted shield instead of a normal shield the extra +1 to your save could make a big difference and its not that expensive

sooo your army would look like

Exalted Champion - 135pts
(Enchanted shield, sword of might)

Chaos Warriors - 240pts
(14 warriors with shield and fullcommand)

Chaos Marauders - 165pts
(20 with shields, light armour and fullcommand)

Chaos Marauders - 165pts
(20 with shields, light armour and fullcommand)

Chaos Knights - 228pts
(6 knights with standard bearer and musician)

with the remaining points id suggest

Spawn of Chaos - 60pts

this gives you a pretty solid list hopefully this gives you some ideas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your advices guys. Especially you, Bigboss, you took great care to explain your suggestions to the newbi I am. I'm really comfortable with the list you came up.

Thanks again guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.