Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a new Eldar player and I've got this upcoming tournament coming up. There's gonna be 3 Tau players on a team, 2 IG, SM and Grey Knights on another, and my team consists of a Tyranid army, an Ork army and myself. Now in the beginning it'll just be like 1 v1 and the points will progressively get higher and higher. But for the meantime, here's my 1000 pt list with practically all the models I own. I'm open to suggestions, criticisms and any other general comments. Thanks.

HQ
Farseer w/ Doom, Fortune and Spirit Stones - 130

Troops
9 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch, Dual SC, and Bladestorm - 140
5 Dire Avengers - 60
5 Rangers upgraded to pathfinders - 120

Elites
10 Howling Bansees w/ Exarch, Mirrorswords, and Acrobatic - 187
Wave Serpent w/ EML and Spirit Stones - 130

Heavy Support
Fire Prism - 115
Fire Prism - 115

Total - 997

So, my Farseer will be with the HB's in the Wave Serpent, zoom up the field and have them do what they do best, and get into CC. The prism will have the main priority of taking out enemy armor. The Rangers will try to grab objectives and along with the DA's, provide some more fire support and take out stuff that isn't in CC with the Dooming and Fortune casting Farseer Banshee squad. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
162 Posts
in 1v1, take Scorpions instead of banshees, extra attacks, and extra armour, extra str, and it is less points, as they dont need a transport when outflanking, give the transport to the da's. and stick the farseer with them, swap guide out for fortune, as it allows some staying power in for backup from scorpions, add star engines to the serpent for 36" turn 5 objective contest, and them try max out the DA squads,

Good luck with your tournament

·
Registered
362 Posts
with doom you will tend to do more wounds against MEQ, against TEQ scorpions will outperform for all the reasons you said. an exarch with executioner will usually outperform mirror swords.

·
Registered
394 Posts
banshees are better than scorps at killing MEQs, with doom or without doom, that's just a mathematical fact.

you'll also get more benefit form dooming the banshees target than from guiding some dire avengers (rerolling a 5+ is worth more than rerolling a 3+ since you will likely have alot more dice to reroll).

personally my 1000 point list would looks more like: 2x DAs in WS, 2 Prisms, 3 walkers (2xshuri) and a 5man council, but if those are the models you have i think you're making the best use of them.

if you have 1 more ranger, i'd maybe drop the 5 DA squad, put holofields on one prism and take 1 more ranger to give you a little more lastability.
the rangers will last longer being shot at as they'll take more fire before being in leadership test terratory with each lost model.
hide one prism and initially use it to link to the 'holo prism' which you sit out in LoS. the holofields will hopeully keep it alive, then you can move the 2nd prism out to shoot if the 1st get shaken.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Footslogging Dire Avengers...should just be avoided at all costs. If they're going to sit back in YOUR deployment zone on objectives, then they should just be pathfinders or save points/gain bodies and have them be guardians. If they're going to "go out" into the field and shoot/gain new objectives, then they can't footslog; they won't get there fast enough, they won't shoot enough and they'll probably be blown apart. drop the 5 man DA squad and find 30 points somewhere else to give them at least a bare bones serpent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.