Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next saturday I'll be competing in a small 1000 pt tourny at my local gaming club.
I'm expecting quite some wood elves, lots of chaos and a DE player fielding 3 magic users.

My list:

Hero:
Captain; lance, shield, full-plate, pegasus

Warrior priest of sigmar; Heavy armor, GW

Core:
19 Swordsmen (full command)
Detachment 8 FC
Warrior priest goes here

20 Swordsmen (full command)
Detachment 7 FC

5 Nilla knights

10 handgunners

Special:
1 Great cannon

5 pistoliers

Models:81
Power: 2
Dispel: 3

Any suggestions?

Also one question, I noticed several 1000pt armies fielding a griffon banner with the swordsmen. Is this legal? (armybuilder says I can't)

·
Registered
945 Posts
I did not know that a hero could take a pegasus, I would dump him for a battle wizard, with 2 scrolls, you have no magic defense. I like the rest, however you might want a mortar instead of a great cannon, I am not sure about that banner, my army builder for some reason won't let me take a banner on my scouts. good luck.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Swordsmen cannot have a banner unless you take an elector count, so that answers one question.

I second the call for a mortar, in smaller battles they seem to be a lot more useful than a cannon. Your Captain will be able to deal with 90% of things that you are facing easily, thanks to that lance.

I would consider replacing the pegasus with a warhorse though, and getting some better magic defense, those dispell scrolls are real handy, especially if you expect to face three wizards. If you replaced the cannon with a mortar and got one lv1 wizard with a single scroll, you would only have to get rid of 25 points to get back down to 1000. Worth thinking about.

·
550 Posts
I like your list a lot. The fact that you take a Captasus in a 1000 pts game shouldn't pose any problem, just try not to send him alone in front of your army kill stuff on his own, except of course if it's a warmachine or a battle wizard in the back of your opponent army :).

I would personnaly drop the Warrior Priest from that list, he is neither a good fighter or a good caster and if you don't encounter a race he hates he is not worth it's points. Take a generic Captain equipped with a FPA and a Great Weapon and put him with the Swordsmen like you intended too and you'll have a better fighter to give a punch to your Swordsmen.

Then to switch the cannon for a mortar is a good idea. If you think you will face big targets like giants then bring a cannon, otherwise the mortar is a better infantry killer.

Give your Pistolier a marksman with repeater pistol, he is worth it.

Also, take your FC detachments up to 10 men, you won't regret it, their are quite vulnerable to arrows and they tend to dissapear fast when something that shoot pay attention to them.

All the changes I suggested will free up 22 points. With those you can buy 2 more handgunners and split them in 2 detachments of 6 for your swordsmen unit. That gives you a list with 89 models, 2 power dice and 2 dispel dice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Personnaly id drop the warrior priest and take the captain of a pegasus.

what this would do would be to free up enough points to get a nice unit of huntsmen who can take out lone things easy enough also your battle line will keep a nive LD 8.

also this will give you a bunch of points to screw around with.

although i agree with the switching out the cannon for a mortar bit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.