Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I'm just starting Warhammer 40K (and have never played any other tabletop war-game) and have decided on Chaos Space Marines as my army of choice. Furthermore after doing some reading I've decided I would like to create a Tzeencth Thousand Sons army based on a group of sorcerors. With this in mind I have created the following list;

=HQ=

Chaos Sorceror (One)
-MoT
-Doombolt
-Warptime
165pts

=ELITES=

Chaos Terminators (Five)
-Powerfist
-4 Combii-meltas
180pts

=TROOPS=

Thousand Sons (Eight)
-Aspiring Sorceror
-Doombolt
254pts

Thousand Sons (Eight)
-Aspiring Sorceror
-Doombolt
254pts

=HEAVY SUPPORT=

Obliterator (One)

Obliterator (One)

TOTAL 1003pts

I'm also working on a storyline based around the sorceror to give the army a background.

Any critism/feedback is welcome :)

Thanks,
Warr

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
For 1000 this looks pretty good. I'm hesitant about the lack of Rhinos, a 4++ save will NOT save you, but you can add those as you go up.

I'd switch your HQ for a Demon Prince with Wings, MoT and 1-2 powers. He'll be a big distraction and a better fighter for comparable cost. With only Doombolt he actually saves 5 points.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I realise Rhino's are the go for most players but, I didn't want to sacrifice anything there for them in that list. I will definately get some for a larger list. Like the one I just created today while I was bored at work :p It's still a WIP (Supposed to be 2000pts but I've only got 1866 so far) but I'm not sure what to do with the extra 134pts....

=HQ=
-Deamon Prince
-Wings
-MoT
-Warptime
-Doombolt (or maybe BoC? Need feedback on that)
185pts
=ELITE=
-Terminators (Five)
-Chainfist
-Heavy Flamer (to go on same model as Chainfist)
-MoT (for fluff)
-Combi-melta (four)
225pts
=TROOPS=
-Thousand Sons (Eight)
-Aspiring Sorc. (one)
-Doombolt
-Rhino
289pts

-Thousand Sons (Eight)
-Aspiring Sorc. (one)
-Doombolt
-Rhino
289pts

-Thousand Sons (Eight)
-Aspiring Sorc. (one)
-Doombolt
-Rhino
289pts

-Thousand Sons (Eight)
-Aspiring Sorc. (one)
-Doombolt
-Rhino
289pts
=HEAVY SUPPORT=
-Obliterator (Two)
150pts
-Obliterator (Two)
150pts

Thats 1866pts looking to get it to 2000 but I don't have a clue where to put the points...
Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Warr

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would sacrifice one of the terms for the rhinos, that should allow you to get your icons in range for a non scatter deep strike

as you get the rhino's it becomes important to have as much armor as possible, so replace one of the oblit squads and add 2 predators in your 2000 points

then add dreads, the only armor choice you can get outside of transports and your 3 HS. make your opponent sweat where his AT goes, if you set it up right you can have 2 dreads, a mix of 3 defilers, predators or vindicators, and 4 transports, plus your deamon prince. not many people can have 10 AT units.

you may also find it more effective to have a squad or two of standard CSM's with a MoT as your Assault squad, since standard 1000k sons do not fill the role as well, and it gets you a power phist

·
262 Posts
Choice given

well choice given in a 1k pts army i would tone down those termis and get more bangs for the buck changing those combi melta to normal combi bolters and change those oblies for armor, im sure you could get some nasty and more ranged AT firepower and some pesky heavy bolters

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.