Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im basically walking out of the door to a match with our DE player right now. here is my list, i will tell you guys if it went well.

1000pts vs dark eldar

HQ
sorcerer, m.o.s., lash, wings - 145

Troops
plague marines (8) ->rhino - 184
marines (10) ->rhino - 185
berzerkers (8) ->rhino - 182

Heavy Support
havocs (6) autocannon (3) - 150
havocs (6) rocketlauncher (3) - 150

thats 39 people. should work quite well. i will post the results tonight. wish me luck...:party:

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
No upgrades on your marine squads?

I guess it's too late now. I could say anything and it wouldn't matter.

Your Bezerkers need more bananas.

Definitely take some skittles for your CSMs.

I'm a bit dissapointed you haven't taken any Carnifexes.

Well, good luck, please let us know how it went.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Your Bezerkers need more bananas.
Totally uncalled for, Karmoon. Everyone knows that zerkers like mangos. Geeze Louise!

Here are some tips for the future (you know, that nebulous place people keep talking about :D):

Against D.E., you're better off taking basic troops. D.E. have rending, I believe (it's been so long since I've faced off against them). Given this, you don't want expensive troops that can be killed just as easily as regular ones. I referring to your plague marines. While they have unbelievable staying power, none of that matters, if the enemy throws rending at them.

Also, as Karmoon and Sesshomuronay mentioned, you need upgrades: champion in your squads as well as special weapons in your plague marines and regular marines. Against D.E. the heavy bolter is amazing in havoc squads, and drop the missile launchers. D.E. only have light vehicles, which the autocannons should smash into minced pie.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Against D.E., you're better off taking basic troops. D.E. have rending, I believe (it's been so long since I've faced off against them). Given this, you don't want expensive troops that can be killed just as easily as regular ones. I referring to your plague marines. While they have unbelievable staying power, none of that matters, if the enemy throws rending at them.
Hari's have rendering, we DE do not.

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
Indeed.. the CC unit of legend you're probably referring to is Wyches.

Wyches are famous for being the ultimate anti CC CC unit. If you follow. Their dodge save and ability to strike first and ability to half weapon skill and the like makes them incredibly surviveable in close combat - which is why I rate 1K sons in CC so highly.

They are normally armed to the teeth with darklances (the famous 100 point sniper squad) and disintigrators on their vehicles.

So yeah, they dress in paper and can't take a beating, but when they hit, they hit hard.

Wyches can also combo HUGE charges in.. but mainly the problem with Dark Eldar lies in ignorance. People go into matches against with no idea what Wyches are like, and they regret it.

Know your Foe.

Of course.. it's too late now ^_^ *spills some milk*

·
Banned
191 Posts
we dont have rending but theres some units that could greatly benefit from it*coughmandrakeshellionscough*
As a DE player more basic men would be good, if you were playing me i would use raider squads to pop your zerkers rhino and then watch as your men run after it while i shoot u with stuff until i get brought down by a pistol. if this list is ONLY vs de use both havocs with autocanons cuz youll either be fighting a footslogging list with some wyches in a raider or a raider list. theres also Webwayportal list but i have never used or fought one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice suggestions but "know your foe" would have worked best. i know that guy and know what to do against him. he he.

now for the game itself:

it all started well with me being able to choose the mission and having the first turn. :party:my rhinos moved their 12" and my sorcerer followed, covered by them. he then used his lash and pulled the DEs hq-squad out of a bunker, squished them together and the roketlaunchers moshed them completely to pieces. that was quite cool, i couldnt stop laughing for like 5 minutes. the autocannons knocked out one ravager and a raider. the next round the 3 csm in the AC squad got mashed up and the ran away. luckily they rembered they needed to bash DE so they returned, ran into a bunker and shot another raider. one rhino got smashed, the CSM exited it and where surrounded by raiders and a ravager. the hq died because the first time i used the lash i rolled a double 1 and the next time i rolled a double 6. one shot later he was history. the rokets even killed the last ravager for me, the zerkers ate a whole warriors squad and the plaguemarines killed the remaining with bolters and killed the survivors in cc.
then i was home free, positioned my remaining units (except the ACs) in the middle where the objective was and won.

the victory points after round 6:
chaos: 960
dark eldar: 316

i had a unharmed zerker squad, unharmed plaguemarines, one rhino destroyed, one rhino immobilized, 10 dead marines, 7 dead havocs (1 with AC). all he had left was a raider with 5 warriors and a haemonculus. the rulebook said it was an overwhelming victory (translated from german, i got no clue how it is called in the english version).

the most destructive units turned out to be the sorcerer in combination with the rocketlaunchers and the autocannons of course. that was fun. that guy suffered really bad today. maybe he shouldnt start smacktalking like hulk hogan everytime i walk in the door. ;)

thanks for the advice guys. the next game will come soon. this weekend its against my nemesis the imperial guard. 2000 points, maybe 2500. still negotiating. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.