1 with comlink and las gun
1 standard bearer with las gun

=113 pts

Anti-tank squad

6 guardsmen
3 Missile launchers

= 100 pts

Elites

5 Ogryns with preacher. ogryn close combat weapons in chimera. (multilaser heavy bolter)

=240pts

Heavy support

Demolisher heavy bolter
=155 pts

Troops

2*Command sections

1 lieutanant , bolter

2 plasma guns

= 106pts

4*Infantry squads

1 sergeant
1 plasma gun
1missile launcher
1 comlink =352pts

Total: 1042 pts

Not sure about that Ogryn-choice... perhaps i should make my command platoon really hth. With three power fists and flamers and stuff, and put THEM in a chimera instead... Or perhaps i should buy rough riders?

Do u think that i have enough infantry? Not sure bout that either!

·
Registered
278 Posts
You need more infantry so you can just make a 1500 point army instead. As for the Ogryns good choice. But do not get the Rough Riders, they are not really any help. When you make the 1500 point army you can also change the Captian to a Colonel. How are you going to get 3 power fists in the Command plt.? For heavy support, we've all said it before and on behalf of everyone else I'll say it again... GET A LEMAN RUSS BATTLE TANK. :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Agreed on the LRMBT, the Demolisher alone is gonna get blown away. Best to get some insurance :) . I'm not sure about all the plasma guns, personally I'd use very few in an IG army (as they're supposed to be rare in fluff), then again I'm one of the weird fluff-luvin' guys B) . I'd get some more infantry, with only a lascannon as upgrade. This'll get you some more anti-tank firepower (which you're lacking), and before it's gone the opponent has to shoot his way through 9 guardsmen. I'd drop the carapace armour on the captain btw, a refractor field is probably more useful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2 things, according to the advisors special rule, you HAVE to attach the preacher(priest i'm assuming), to the Command HQ, then any platoon HQs then individual squads not including ogryn squads. Dunno if i'm thinking of something different but i just looked it up in my codex.
I like demolishers, they're great (they do need to be with another tank : ) unlike my regular leman russ which i use with only heavy bolter to save points, it's benefitial to give demolishers plasma cannon*drool* sponsons to give it more range, so you can actually leave it hull down in the back and get some use out of it before you break it out.
I swear by plasma guns, the 2 pt difference between it and a g.launcher is nothingness considering the amount of power you gain. 4 is enough though, trade your command platoon HQ's 2 plasmas for 3 flamers and use it for assault stall fodder or counter assault.
Last thing, trade 2 of those missle launchers for heavy bolters. My favorite combination because you have a S7AP2 punch that can take out terminators, and a S5AP4 heavy 3 that can take out tau eldar and the like from a safe distance. With the missle launchers you have the capability to use blast templates against orcs or tyranids. With the exception of those and flamers in command squads and lascannons in AT squads, most of the other guard weapons are superflous or have limited use in small games(autocannons).
Last thing, take the sharpshooter doctrine and stick it on that AT squad to give em essentially BS4...so you KNOW you're going to tag a transport every turn.

Unique list i likey.

·
Registered
212 Posts
get an ogryn Bone 'ead so u dont have to take a leadership test every time you put your ogryn in there chimera <:>

·
Registered
531 Posts
No ogryns, get the tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.